+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beta 10: Anybody know how to register VBA in Beta 2?

Jeff Jenness
    Answers Provided

Question Anybody know how to register VBA in Beta 2?

I can't figure it out!

Peter Adams
    Answers Provided

Please provide the following information:

Have you installed the VBA setup?

Do you have an authorization number for VBA?

Are you trying to authorize Single Use or Concurrent Use VBA?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful such as if you have done the above, where your problem lies specifically.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Jenness
    Answers Provided

Yes, I've done the VBA setup, and yes I have an authorization number. I am using ArcView Single-use. VBA is listed in the Administrator window as "installed" but not "authorized".

My problem is that I cannot figure out where to enter the VBA authorization number. I've gone through the "Authorize Now" function on the ArcGIS Administrator multiple times and never found out where to enter the VBA authorization.

Any thoughts?

Bart Hound
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by jjenness View Post
    Yes, I've done the VBA setup, and yes I have an authorization number. I am using ArcView Single-use. VBA is listed in the Administrator window as "installed" but not "authorized".

My problem is that I cannot figure out where to enter the VBA authorization number. I've gone through the "Authorize Now" function on the ArcGIS Administrator multiple times and never found out where to enter the VBA authorization.

Any thoughts?
    Have you tried Other Software, then listed just the name from the email you received.

Jeff Jenness
    Answers Provided

Actually I did. It didn't make a difference. Good thought, though.

Peter Adams
    Answers Provided

As Bart_D_Hound suggested, you should be able to authorize VBA by using 'Other Extensions'. Please verify you have followed the following instructions and then we'll begin some further troubleshooting:

- Click authorize now in the ArcGIS Administrator
    - In Software Authorization Wizard, Authorization Options, select the radio button "I have already authorized my software and need to authorize additional options or extensions". Press 'Next'...
    - In the Authorization Method, select the radio button "Authorize with ESRI using the Internet". Press 'Next'...
    - Add your Authorization information to all the mandatory fields (some of this may be pre-populated). Press 'Next'....
    - Add the Authorization Number for your ArcView Single Use product (must be like ESUxxxxxxxxx). Make sure that it is correctly typed and no space characters are following it. Press 'Next'...
    - In the ArcGIS Desktop Option Authorization, select the option 'I have an authorization number for one or more extensions'. This will enable the 'Other Extensions' button.
    - Press the 'Other Extensions' button, and a pop up will appear where you can manually add the VBA extension. Type "VBA" in the 'Extension' field, and add your authorization number in the 'Authorization Number' field. This will also be formatted similar to (ESUxxxxxxxxx). Be sure that this is correct and has no trailing spaces. Pres 'OK'...
    - Now press 'Next' in the ArcGIS Desktop Option Authorization UI. The authorization should take place and VBA should be authorized. Press Finish. You can check if VBA is authorized in the 'Availability' view of the ArcGIS Administrator.

Jeff Jenness
    Answers Provided

Excellent, it worked that time! Maybe I did have a trailing space after "VBA" the first time I tried it. Who knows. Thanks for your help.

By the way, the first time I tried this process the authorization contacted ESRI and returned with the message "Congratulations, your software has been authorized and is now ready for use". Then I checked and VBA was still not authorized. At that time, VBA was the only thing I was trying to authorize. Does your authorization code include some function to check these "Other Extensions" to make sure they exist? I just tried it again calling it "TEST" instead of "VBA" and got back the same "Congratulations" message.

Perhaps you could change the return message to state that nothing was authorized if it could not find an extension with that name?

Jeff

Peter Adams
    Answers Provided

Jeff,

Good to see that you have got VBA authorized! I wanted to make sure we got ArcView and VBA licenses onto your machine.

Usually, the authorization option: 'I have already authorized the software and need to authorize additional options or extensions' would be the path to take if you have already installed your core product (ArcView in your case). I decided to try this and was successful in authorizing VBA, so perhaps there was a typo or a trailing space as you say.

However, some testing using the '...authorize additional options or extensions' option and then typing <random> in the 'Other Extensions' without a valid authorization number, I get back the successful message which I agree is confusing as it was not successful.

Currently, there is work ongoing to re-design this part of the Software Authorization Wizard, and your comments will be considered as part of that.

Thanks

Answers Provided

Default Re: Beta 10: Anybody know how to register VBA in Beta 2?

Hi.

I am having the same problem, I cannot authorize VBA. I have ArcGIS 10 ArcView single use licence, and I have authorized it, everything works fine, but no VBA. I have followed your thread, and tried to add Other extension - VBA, but no luck. Any other suggestions?

Jeff Jenness
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Beta 10: Anybody know how to register VBA in Beta 2?

Hi gligor1204,
    I was finally able to do this. First, have you installed VBA? You have to do it separately with ArcGIS 10, but at least it is on the same installation disk as ArcGIS. Then you need to contact ESRI tech support to get the VBA registration number. Finally you can use the Desktop Administrator to register VBA.
    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread