+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Error 500 with JSON in Find operation

  1. #1
    Niklas Ringdahl
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Unhappy Error 500 with JSON in Find operation

    Hi.

    I am using the Find operation to query one of my layers, and it works in the html form view, returning the expected features. But when I switch to output format Json "&f=json", I get:

    {"error":{"code":500,"message":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","details":[]}}

    Url that returns correct data (in html):
    http://<myservername>/ArcGIS/rest/services/<myservicename>/MapServer/find?searchText=Kulla&searchFields=SITE%2CFULLNAME&layers=0

    Url that returns the error data (in json):
    http://<myservername>/ArcGIS/rest/services/<myservicename>/MapServer/find?searchText=Kulla&searchFields=SITE%2CFULLNAME&layers=0&f=json

    Any ideas?

    Best regards,
    - Niklas
    Last edited by nringdahl; 08-27-2010 at 05:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Eric Paitz
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    41
    Points
    2
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Error 500 with JSON in Find operation

    I know its been awhile since you posted this but I ran into a similar situation when the rows being returned contain special characters like ' " / \ etc. Not sure which version you are using but after we installed the latest update or service pack our problem was fixed.

  3. #3
    Niklas Ringdahl
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Error 500 with JSON in Find operation

    Thanks! I'll look into that. What version or patch did you upgrade to?

    - N

  4. #4
    Eric Paitz
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    41
    Points
    2
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Error 500 with JSON in Find operation

    I just checked and our servers are all running 9.3.1. I have yet to install 9.3.1 SP1 or SP2 so I think it was the jump from 9.3. to 9.3.1 that did it. I also remember having to update our exported Web Service Handlers because our exposed web server is a Linux OS running Apache/Tomcat but our AGS 9.3.1 for the Java Platform is internal to the firewall running a Windows OS.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts