I am experiencing a problem on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit laptop using Visual Studios 2010 to develop an ArcObjects 10 MapControl Application. Any idea as to the problem would be greatly appreciated. Here are the steps one at a time leading up to the problem:
1. Start Visual Studios 2010.
2. Select New Project….
3. Expand ArcGIS->Extending ArcObjects and select MapControl Application for Visual C# using the .NET Framework 3.5 and enter Project Name and OK.
4. This starts a new project list items (Properties, References, .cs code, etc) automatically added to the Solution Explorer.
5. At this point, I can Build the project either under DEBUG or RELEASE modes and using the x86 Solution Platform and run the Project w/ or w/o Debugging and I get the basic, empty MapControl Application. Data can be loaded or .MXD files loaded w/o a problem
Here is where the problem starts:
6. Now, double click on the MAINFORM.CS pulling up the Main Form which contains an ArcGIS 10 Engine ToolbarControl, TOCControl, MapControl, and LicenseControl.
7. At this point, try to BUILD the application and the following error takes place during the build:
Error 1 :
Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ArcGIS/DeveloperKit10.0/DotNet/ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Local.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Line 189, position 5.
Double clicking on the error pulls up the following code in MainForm.resx:
<data name="axToolbarControl1.OcxState" mimetype="application/x-microsoft.net.object.binary.base64">
(lot more lines deleted)
And places the cursor after the SLASH in the </data> XML parameter.
Any idea what is going on here?