+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installation Error 7174

Alma Sanchez
    Answers Provided

Red face Installation Error 7174

Hello everyone! I'm trying to install ArcGIS Desktop 10 on Windows XP but near the end of the installation it hangs with following error:

7174: Authorization request for (Authorization Number) cannot be completed. Please
    contact ESRI Customer Service or your local ESRI distributor. (3878-6150363)

I would like to know what's the problem? I do have the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and on the email that ESRI sent with the Authorization number it also said "When prompted, select ArcEditor Single Use" but I'm still getting the same error and I just can't make ArcGis run. Is it because maybe I don't have all the requirements. Yea... I know...maybe I should change my Nickname.

Thanks!

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Default Re: Installation Error 7174

Alma,

Suspect your installation is fine at this point.

Do you have a registration number - EVAxxxxxxxxx, or ESUxxxxxxxxx? And, how did you receive the software to load?

If it is an Education Edition evaluation (EVA...) registration number, it is issued bundled with the media by ESRI, with no individual record of distribution. So you have to pre-register the registration number and create a global account for yourself with ESRI at this site:
    That assigns the registration number uniquely to you and allows you to request technical support of the installation if needed. Once done, you should be able to complete the "Authorization" from the ArcGIS Administrator app entering the now assigned registration number.

If you downloaded the 60-day evaluation, and ESRI sent you the registration number, or if it is a single use (ESU...) registration number and you're getting this error, there may be a problem with the assignment of the registration number--it might have been used already for another registration/activation or the number was incorrectly generated by ESRI. For those you'll need to contact ESRI customer service.

Post back which flavor and your outcome.

Stuart
    Last edited by vsfoote; 11-12-2010 at 07:31 PM.

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

Alma Sanchez
    Answers Provided

Thanks for your help Stuart! =) I got an EVAxxxxxxxxx Authorization number, and it is a 60-day evaluation trial, so I did what you said and went to http://www.esri.com/EducationEdition and seems like the authorization code has been activated, I'm going to run ArcGis and see if it works good, I'll tell you later! =)

Thanks again!

Alma Sanchez
    Answers Provided

Hey there! guess what Stuart? it worked good! now I can use ArcGis, thank you very much for your help!

See you later!

Answers Provided

Cool Re: Installation Error 7174

Stuart, you're the freaking man! Thanks for posting that. Apparently I was having the same problem. Everything is working now.

William Geer
    Answers Provided

Thanks for the post, you resolved my error as well. Thats what I get for not reading the instructions...

Eric Howell
    Answers Provided

To All,

I had the same issue - my first time installing this type of edition. Thank you Stuart for your guidance.

Best,
    Eric H.

Amber Slang
    Answers Provided

I am receiving the 7174 error as well however it says "Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled. [incident # 6615-25983455]"
    I am installing ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop Advanced Student Edition, and it is a One-Year Trial.
    I have followed the authorization process to a T ha ha at least 3 times and keep getting this error message. Any help would be outstanding.

Amber

ran sun
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by alsang View Post
    I am receiving the 7174 error as well however it says "Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled. [incident # 6615-25983455]"
    I am installing ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop Advanced Student Edition, and it is a One-Year Trial.
    I have followed the authorization process to a T ha ha at least 3 times and keep getting this error message. Any help would be outstanding.

Amber
    Hi,
    I think we had the same problem. go to this URL:http://www.esri.com/apps/Products/Ar...evaluate.index. I think you didnt activate your authorization number and install the 7.zip before your authorized, just like me. After I followed the list, the authorization process was SO SMOOTH!!!
    Good lucky

Ran

Amber Slang
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by uivsui View Post
    Hi,
    I think we had the same problem. go to this URL:http://www.esri.com/apps/Products/Ar...evaluate.index. I think you didnt activate your authorization number and install the 7.zip before your authorized, just like me. After I followed the list, the authorization process was SO SMOOTH!!!
    Good lucky

Ran
    Ha ha yes! this was exactly my problem, but I had found another thread which helped me out almost immediately after I had posted this. Thank you for your response though!

Amber

ran sun
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by alsang View Post
    Ha ha yes! this was exactly my problem, but I had found another thread which helped me out almost immediately after I had posted this. Thank you for your response though!

Amber
    You are welcome

Tom Montefusco
    Answers Provided

This article was recently published:

Error: 7174: Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled.

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledge...s/detail/41575

Answers Provided

mine is similiar to others, mine is [Incident# 0781-482792252]
    I have gone to the links above and it says 'already been activated' (probably by me - but...?)

Abigail Porter
    Answers Provided

I am incredibly lost. I am getting an error message : "7190:Invalid activation ID:EvaXXXXXXXX-1010 [Incident#6131-762794121]" after I try to authorize my software by clicking, "Start-->All Programs--> ArcAdmin--> Desktop--->authorize now..." I have also tried the third option, "I have received authorization from ESRI and am ready to finish the authorization process." I am not sure what to do from here. I have everything downloaded, and pre-authorized my code for the single use 180-day trial via the website and downloaded everything from my two disks... I am not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Help? much appreciated!
    Last edited by mkennedy; 01-31-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: removed the EVA code

Melita Kennedy

Answers Provided

Do you have CityEngine installed by any chance?
    Melita Kennedy
    Sr. Esri Product Engineer

Abigail Porter
    Answers Provided

I do not believe I have city engine…. I have the ArcGIS 10 disc and an GIS basic workbook on disc. Is City Engine an extra program I need to have?

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Abigail,

If you have ArcGIS 10.0, 180-day trial from an Esri press text. They you likely have a seat at the ArcEditor and not the ArcInfo level license. Try setting your seat in ArcGIS Administrator --> Desktop panel to ArcEditor (Single Use) and rerun the authorization. Use the 'Authorize now via the internet' option.

Stuart

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

18. 02-02-2014 06:10 PM

Reason
    duplicated post -- deleting

+ Reply to Thread