+ Reply to Thread

Thread: arcgis server 9.3.1 to 10 localhost issues

brian rathburn
    Answers Provided

Default arcgis server 9.3.1 to 10 localhost issues

Recently uninstalled ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 and installed 10, everything went smoothly.

Then I went to "Add ArcGIS Server" and added localhost as a local server, it asked me to add a host machine so I added my machine.
    "Machine spartanburg is not a valid server container. Error: (-8002) The ArcGISServer license is for an earlier version of the software." is the error i get when I click "Ok"

I have tried to find this error on Google and the ESRI site without any luck.

After getting the error i cancel out of the window where you add the host machine and it appears to have added the server anyways. when i open it up in arccatalog all of my old services are still there but they are all not running.

I dont need them to be there, i was hoping since i uninstalled the previous version the new one would start fresh.

What i need to know is how to clean out the old information so i can use localhost for the version 10 server.

Sorry for the long winded post, wanted to make sure all the information on the problem was available.

BTW machine is Windows 7 Pro 32bit

Thanks
    Brian

Domenico Ciavarella

Answers Provided

Default Re: arcgis server 9.3.1 to 10 localhost issues

in program file\esri\etc\ .. where have you soc machine have a new license for ags 10 file?
    Studio A&T srl

Domenico Ciavarella

ESRI Certified
    Enterprise Geodatabase Management Associate 10.1
    Web Application Developer Associate 10.1

My ArcGIS.com

Blog: NicoGis

brian rathburn
    Answers Provided

Default Re: arcgis server 9.3.1 to 10 localhost issues

Got the problem resolved shortly after the thread was posted, had to re-uninstall everything and i manually went and removed all of the left over files and folders related to esri. apparently something got left over from 9.3.1 after the uninstall.

hope this helps others who are having trouble doing this upgrade

Brian

+ Reply to Thread