+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 450 of 657

Thread: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

  1. #401
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Amy,

    Unfortunately not... If you look at your REST service directory for this map service you will see that it returns all the items I am showing unlike ArcMap and I take what REST returns and use that.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  2. #402
    Helio Hiroshi
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    The legend for the layers that have more than one symbol is overlaping each other.
    Some of the layers that I have created has more than 10 symbols, but when I tried to get all of them, occurs the overlapping problem,
    that is, all the symbols appear in the same line/space in the legend.
    Is there any specific class for manipulating this? thanks.

  3. #403
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    1

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Helio,

    I have never seen this widget have an issue with layers that have multiple symbol (i.e classified). Can you tell me if you are working with an unaltered version of my widget and if so provide me a screen shot of this occuring.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  4. #404
    Helio Hiroshi
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Robert,
    I didn't explain myself well, what I meant to say is the legends, not the symbols. In a group of legends, instead of adding the next legend below, they are overlapping. Is there any incated class to work with groups of layer's legends?

  5. #405
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Helio Hiroshi,

    Well unfortunately it is still unclear... Please provide a screenshot of the issue.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  6. 04-20-2012 05:32 AM


  7. #406
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Helio Hiroshi,

    I am not sure what to tell you... Are you reporting a bug or asking for the widget to do something different than it currently does?.. Do the item that are not expanded not already have legend items?... This is still very unclear...
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  8. #407
    Helio Hiroshi
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    I find out where the problem is.

    Thanks for your attention!

  9. #408
    A Younas
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    1


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert,

    Sorry in advance if this is very basic question, I couldnt fix the issue of duplicate layer names in your latest TOC widget (One coming from with in the Service and second one from the layer label), how can I fix the issue of keeping one. I'll appreciate your help.

    Regards,

    Adi

  10. #409
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Adi,

    You can find an explaination to that you are seeing explained here:
    http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/184...l=1#post186597

    From there you can figure out what you need to do to change one of the labels but by design there will always be two labels.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  11. #410
    A Younas
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    1


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert,

    Thanks for your reply, that was helpful and I tried few tweaks but no luck yet. Any suggestion in a way I can assign the child leaf (Rest end point) name to the Label and over-write it? Any further help or suggestions towards solution (quick fix) would be helpful.

    Thanks in advance.

    A

    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    Adi,

    You can find an explaination to that you are seeing explained here:
    http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/184...l=1#post186597

    From there you can figure out what you need to do to change one of the labels but by design there will always be two labels.

  12. #411
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Adi,

    The parent branch gets the label of the layer name as you specify it in the main config.xml and the leaf gets the name of the ACTUAL layer as it is named in the MXD and hense the REST Service directory. So to change the branch name you do this in the config.xml and to change the leaf you cange the alias name of the layer in the MXD and then re-publish the map service and clear the REST cache.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  13. #412
    A Younas
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    1


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Robert,

    I do understand that and also I got your point that it is a part of design to have two name one from config file and one from actual REST service. My question is, will it be possibe to remove atleast one of the duplicate layer names (which you called are there by design) so I was requesting is there any quick fix without changing the architecture of the widget, I can remove the Parent name OR make the name coming from REST service a parent? I hope I cleared my question this time and thanks again for your responce.

    Adi

  14. #413
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Adi,

    You can not remove one of the names. But as I have mentioned you can prevent the two labels from be identical by changing one of them as mentioned in my last post.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  15. #414
    C K
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi,

    first of all, nice Widget!
    I use the <excludelayer> option, but I’m having problems.

    mapservice:
    I have a grouplayer with some other layers integrated (sublayer of the grouplayer) specified on the server. These layers were checked. The grouplayer was not checked. In addition to it the mapservice contains some other layers.

    widget:
    In the Widget, I’ve exclude the grouplayer. But when I’ve checked some other layer, in the toc of these mapservice, the sublayer of the excludelayer will be shown in the map.

    Any ideas?

  16. #415
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    C K,

    This by design. This allows users to exclude a layer from displaying in the widget but still work in the map. There is no option to change this behavior.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  17. #416
    Goncalo Jesus
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert, in flex 2.5 is there any widget able to dynamically add other layer services besides the ones configured on config.xml? Like the TOC in Flexviewer 1.x...

    Thanks

  18. #417
    C K
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Reply to #415:
    Ok, I understand. But why is the sublayer visible, though the grouplayer is exclude and not checked?
    Last edited by enk; 04-27-2012 at 02:51 AM.

  19. #418
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Goncalo Jesus,

    I have seen posts where there are some people doing this, but no one has a widget in the code gallery that does this to my knowledge.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  20. #419
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    1

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    C K,

    I will have to find time to test and see if I can reproduce this issue.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  21. #420
    A Younas
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    1


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert,

    I am having an issue here i.e. I cannot see the symbols on 5th level sublayers. Please see the attached image where it says water after layer 3, there should be a symbol as well, which is not there. Any help please?

    Regards,

    Adi

    Click image for larger version

Name:	TOC.png
Views:	51
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	13883

  22. #421
    C K
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert,
    I test it with other mapservices and it shows, that every layer from the service (which are excluding in TOC) is shown when I checked some other layer from the service, though the “excludelayer” is unchecked in the service.
    Greetings C K

  23. #422
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    2

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    C K,

    Yep I have almost got this bug fixed. I has been a difficult one.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  24. #423
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    2

    Cool Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    All,

    Version 2.5.1 - 4 May, 2012
    * Fixed bug with loading legend remaining when there is no operational layers or when a WMS layer is used or when a layer fails to load due to some error.
    * MAJOR CHANGE when a layer of a map service or the whole mapservice is excluded using the excludelayers it is excluded from the TOC and the map. This has changed from where it use to be visible in the map even though it was excluded from the TOC. *Clarification* If you want to exclude a whole map service from the toc and the map then you just remove it from the viewers main config. Currently if you exclude a map service and do not specify any sublayers then the mapservice will remain in the map.
    * Mapservices are ordered in reverse order of what you have in the main config.xml, just like esri's layerlist and map switcher.
    * There is a new 'everything' attribute on the tocsettings expanded tag. This forces all layer/sublayer/legends to be opened. If you use the everything="true" attribute than the collapselegends is ignored. There are still situations where a map service will fail to expand due to some network delay occurring for that map service.
    * Individual Layer of a Map Service now have a TOC menu for zooming to its extent.
    Last edited by rscheitlin; 05-04-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  25. #424
    M Lowry
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Points
    50
    Answers Provided
    7


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hey Robert, I'm getting an error in line 269 in toc.toc.tocClasses.TocLayerMenu when clicking "description" on an individual layer in a service.
    I see in the readme, "* Individual Layer of a Map Service now have a TOC menu for zooming to its extent." But that doesn't mention adding metadata to each layer there.

    I do have new esri description turned on to send the user to the REST page.

    Any ideas?

    Code:
     private function descriptionOrDownload_clickHandler():void
                {
    				if (_toc.UseESRIDesc){
    	                var url:String;
    	                if (_layer is OpenStreetMapLayer){
    	                    url = "http://www.openstreetmap.org";
    	                }else if (_layer.hasOwnProperty("url")){
    	                    url = Object(_layer).url;
    	                    if (_layer is WMSLayer)
    	                        url += "?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities";
    	                }
    	                if (url){
    	                    var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);
    	                    navigateToURL(request, _layer.id);
    	                }
    Error line in red I believe. Working on a workaround currently.


    Also, compiling with 4.5.1a

    Also, Esri needs to hire Robert.
    Last edited by GISProgrammer9; 05-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

  26. #425
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    1

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    M Lowry,

    That has been fixed now. Get version 2.5.1.1
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  27. #426
    M Lowry
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Points
    50
    Answers Provided
    7


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    M Lowry,

    That has been fixed now. Get version 2.5.1.1
    Thanks Robert; you the man.

  28. #427
    Lefteris Koumis
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    139
    Points
    1
    Answers Provided
    1


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    Giuseppe,

    There is a new version available that has the exclude layer capability.
    Hello Robert. I applied the excludelayer tag on the latest version of the TOC widget and I can see that the layer Schools is no longer present in the TOC. However, as you zoom in, you can see the school layer (school bus icons) is still visible. If I read the documentation correctly in this last version of the TOC, the school layer should not be visible in the map as well. Correct?

    http://svctenvims.dot.ca.gov/soundwa.../d3_config.xml

    Thank you.

  29. #428
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Lefteris,

    Straight from the readme.txt

    * MAJOR CHANGE when a layer of a map service or the whole mapservice is excluded using the excludelayers it
    is excluded from the TOC and the map. This has changed from where it use to be visible in the map even
    though it was excluded from the TOC. *Clarification* If you want to exclude a whole map service from the
    toc and the map then you just remove it from the viewers main config. Currently if you exclude a map service
    and do not specify any sublayers then the mapservice will remain in the map.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  30. #429
    M Lowry
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    211
    Points
    50
    Answers Provided
    7


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Robert, I don't suppose there is anything we can do to fix this leak shown in the Debug Mode in Flash Builder?
    Any direction you could lead me to look into it or is it no big deal?

    Code:
    [SWF] \bin-debug\widgets\TOC\TOCWidget.swf - 511,883 bytes after decompression
    warning: The class widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses.LegendDataClassItem has been used in a call to net.registerClassAlias() in _TOCWidget_FlexInit. This will cause widgets.TOC:TOCWidget to be leaked. To resolve the leak, define widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses.LegendDataClassItem in the top-level application.   
    warning: The class widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses.LegendDataItem has been used in a call to net.registerClassAlias() in _TOCWidget_FlexInit. This will cause widgets.TOC:TOCWidget to be leaked. To resolve the leak, define widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses.LegendDataItem in the top-level application.   
    warning: The class widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses.LegendSymbolItem has been used in a call to net.registerClassAlias() in _TOCWidget_FlexInit. This will cause widgets.TOC:TOCWidget to be leaked. To resolve the leak, define widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses.LegendSymbolItem in the top-level application.

  31. #430
    Lefteris Koumis
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    139
    Points
    1
    Answers Provided
    1


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    Lefteris,

    Straight from the readme.txt
    THank you and I apologize for wasting your time. I should have read it more thoroughly.

  32. #431
    C K
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hey Robert,

    thanks for the new Version and the Major Change. Great Stuff.

  33. #432
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    1

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    M Lowry,

    I will look into it.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  34. #433
    Adrian Kordylas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hello,

    My name is Adrian and I'm student from Poland. I have download your widget and it is great! However, I have little problem with largeness of symbols. In enclosed file you can see what I mean. Images are too large and text titles are covered. Can I modify this widget to repair this and how can I do it? Could you help me?

    Thanks,
    Adrian

    My project: http://www.warszawskastarowka.pl/mapa/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	legend.jpg‎
Views:	62
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	14290  

  35. #434
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    1

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Adrian,

    Wow I can't believe you are the first to report this issue. The fix is 2 simple lines of code and I will add them to the next release. If you happen to be using the uncompiled version than you can add the fix your self by opening the TocMapLayerItem.as and find the loadImage function and add the two lines below in red:

    Code:
            private function loadImage(imageData:String):Image
            {
                const base64Dec:Base64Decoder = new Base64Decoder();
                base64Dec.decode(imageData);
                const byteArr:ByteArray = base64Dec.toByteArray();
                
                const loader:Loader = new Loader();
                const lc:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false);
                const image:Image = new Image();
                image.maxHeight = 30;
                image.maxWidth = 30;
                loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,
                    function(e:Event):void
                    {
                        image.smoothBitmapContent = true;
                        image.source = e.currentTarget.content;
                    });
                loader.loadBytes(byteArr, lc);
                return image;
            }
    Also you may want to st your maps top attribute back to 40 unless you have some reason for the 100 empty pixels above your map.

    Don't forget to click the top arrow (promote).
    as shown in the below graphic:
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  36. #435
    Greg Bowie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    RS,

    I am having trouble with the TOC. I have it in the config file and I turned off the layervisibility in the map switcher. When the viewer loads and I open the Map Contents 1) nothing shows up, 2) the symbols are unknown to the legend, 3) I can no longer zoom in or out (only pan).

    Some of the layers do not have defined min/max (could that be the issue?). Even layers that do have defined min and max (such as my mosaic dataset), does not show up.

    Thoughts?

    Here is a screen grab for reference.

    Greg

    Click image for larger version

Name:	issue.png
Views:	39
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	14303

  37. #436
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Greg,

    A couple of questions...
    1. Are you using Flex Viewer 2.5?
    2. Is your ArcGIS Server at least version 10?
    Hopefully you saw these requirement in the documentation of the download.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  38. #437
    Greg Bowie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Yes on both fronts. I went through the read-me file and made sure to follow the instructions. I will note that the same issue occurs with the "Legend" widget from ESRI.


    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    Greg,

    A couple of questions...
    1. Are you using Flex Viewer 2.5?
    2. Is your ArcGIS Server at least version 10?
    Hopefully you saw these requirement in the documentation of the download.

  39. #438
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Greg,

    Hmm... that actually helps a lot. it points to the possibility that you have changed something in the standard setup of your ArcGIS Server. Did you happen to disable anonymous access to your ArcGIS output folders or change some setting in IIS to require authentication?
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  40. #439
    Greg Bowie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    The viewer is actually in beta testing and hidden behind a firewall; so that may be the issue there.
    Last edited by gbowie; 05-14-2012 at 07:41 AM.

  41. #440
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    1

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Greg,

    I would recommend learning and using an http traffic util like fiddler or charles, or you could use Firefox web browser with firebug addin to see what requests are being made and which ones are failing.
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  42. #441
    Adrian Kordylas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    Adrian,

    Wow I can't believe you are the first to report this issue. The fix is 2 simple lines of code and I will add them to the next release. If you happen to be using the uncompiled version than you can add the fix your self by opening the TocMapLayerItem.as and find the loadImage function and add the two lines below in red:

    Code:
            private function loadImage(imageData:String):Image
            {
                const base64Dec:Base64Decoder = new Base64Decoder();
                base64Dec.decode(imageData);
                const byteArr:ByteArray = base64Dec.toByteArray();
                
                const loader:Loader = new Loader();
                const lc:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false);
                const image:Image = new Image();
                image.maxHeight = 30;
                image.maxWidth = 30;
                loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,
                    function(e:Event):void
                    {
                        image.smoothBitmapContent = true;
                        image.source = e.currentTarget.content;
                    });
                loader.loadBytes(byteArr, lc);
                return image;
            }
    Also you may want to st your maps top attribute back to 40 unless you have some reason for the 100 empty pixels above your map.

    Don't forget to click the top arrow (promote).
    as shown in the below graphic:
    I will wait for the next release because I don't now how I can install the uncompiled version

    Adrian

  43. #442
    ANDREA CARVELLI
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert, I'm using TOC widget in a FlexViewer 2.5 with ArcGIS 10 map services. I've noticed that moving up and down map services sometimes happens that a visible dummy item is placed between two map services. It still present in new TOC version (2.5.1.1) do you have any idea?
    Thanks,
    Andrea

  44. #443
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Andrea,

    The only way this should be able to occur is if you did not heed my warning in the documentation

    * It is your responsibility to disable the layerlist portion of the MapSwitcherWidget or eMapSwitcherWidget by setting the *
    * <layerlist visible="false"> *
    * Also ensure you do not use the TOCWidget with the LayerListWidget. *
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  45. #444
    Giosia Poma
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    48
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert,
    I've reported this problem of big images in TOC in this post and after your suggestions I've posted the solution

    Now this post is too big and not easy to find solutions... Thank you for all!

    Quote Originally Posted by rscheitlin View Post
    Adrian,

    Wow I can't believe you are the first to report this issue. The fix is 2 simple lines of code and I will add them to the next release. If you happen to be using the uncompiled version than you can add the fix your self by opening the TocMapLayerItem.as and find the loadImage function and add the two lines below in red:

    Code:
            private function loadImage(imageData:String):Image
            {
                const base64Dec:Base64Decoder = new Base64Decoder();
                base64Dec.decode(imageData);
                const byteArr:ByteArray = base64Dec.toByteArray();
                
                const loader:Loader = new Loader();
                const lc:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false);
                const image:Image = new Image();
                image.maxHeight = 30;
                image.maxWidth = 30;
                loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,
                    function(e:Event):void
                    {
                        image.smoothBitmapContent = true;
                        image.source = e.currentTarget.content;
                    });
                loader.loadBytes(byteArr, lc);
                return image;
            }
    Also you may want to st your maps top attribute back to 40 unless you have some reason for the 100 empty pixels above your map.

    Don't forget to click the top arrow (promote).
    as shown in the below graphic:
    Giosia Poma
    GIS Cantone Ticino - Switzerland
    Flex Developer - AGS Manager

  46. #445
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Red face Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Giosia,

    Thanks for reminding me. With 20 plus widgets in the gallery and all I do on the forums it is hard to keep it all straight. In the next release I will have the maxHeight and maxWidth set, (not sure why I didn't get that in when you pointed it out...).
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  47. #446
    Derek Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    27
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Great widget Robert. Your work really helps many.

    Is it possible to compile the source code using the Flex API 3.0 library for use in the pre-released ArcGIS Flex Viewer 3.0?

  48. #447
    Robert Scheitlin

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,239
    Points
    5578
    Answers Provided
    938


    0

    Lightbulb Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Derek,

    All my widget will work with 3.0 when it has gone final. There is still alot going on as far as changes to the 3.0 Pre Release (you shound never really use a pre release for production).
    Just because it's not the answer you want, does not mean that it is not the answer.

    Robert Scheitlin

    GIS Manager
    Calhoun County, Alabama


  49. #448
    Derek Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    27
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Thanks. I'm just in preparation.

  50. 05-24-2012 07:28 AM


  51. #449
    Derek Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    27
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    I am trying to use the TOC with an tiled operational layer. Is this possible?

    It functions, but not symbology is displayed in the TOC. I turned off the layervisibility in the map switcher and theviewer is not behind a firewall.

  52. #450
    Roland Chu
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0


    0

    Default Re: Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

    Hi Robert,

    First of all I want to say thank you. This widget is amazing compared with the stock TOC.

    I have a question about the TOC setting. I want everything in the TOC including legends is collapsed by default.

    i.e. if a user wants to see the legends he/she has to check the expand box next to the layer name.

    However, no matter I set

    Code:
    	<tocsettings>
    		<expanded>false</expanded>
    		<collapselegends>true</collapselegends>
    	</tocsettings>
    or

    Code:
    	<tocsettings>
    		<expanded>false</expanded>
    		<collapselegends>false</collapselegends>
    	</tocsettings>
    Every group layers and sub-layers is collapsed but the legends. All legends are expanded.

    How can I change the settings so that everything is collapsed by default? Thank you.

    Roland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts