+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SDE 10 Upgrade Fails:ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE

Dennis Holden
    Answers Provided

Default SDE 10 Upgrade Fails:ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE

Can anyone help me with the following error that I'm getting when attempting to upgrade to ArcSDE 10:

Executing: UpgradeGDB "Database Connections\SDE_DC.sde" NO_PREREQUISITE_CHECK UPGRADE

Start Time: Tue Dec 14 14:27:27 2010

Paused the database for upgrade.
    There are no other active connections.
    User has privileges required to upgrade.
    Connected RDBMS instance is not setup for ST_GEOMETRY configuration. [Unable to determine current version of ST_SHAPELIB
    The latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries need
    to be copied to the correct software location.
    Please consult ArcSDE for Oracle Installation Guide
    for further details.
    ]
    Could not upgrade multiple schema or database instance. [The master geodatabase contains user schema geodatabases which should be upgraded separately after the master geodatabase is upgraded.
    Id Version Instance
    ---- ------- -------------------
    1 9.3.0 SDE_QC

Running Pre-Requisite check (C:\ESRI\Desktop10.0\ArcCatalog\SDE_DC.sde).

Instance supports XML type.

ArcSDE server tables and stored procedures are up to date.

Underlying DBMS error [Layer not found] [Error executing PL/SQL Block db_stgeom_create_index

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine

ORA-04063: package body "SDE.SPX_UTIL" has errors

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "SDE.SPX_UTIL"] Underlying DBMS error [Error executing PL/SQL Block db_stgeom_create_index

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine

ORA-04063: package body "SDE.SPX_UTIL" has errors

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "SDE.SPX_UTIL"]

Unpaused the database.

Failed to execute (UpgradeGDB).

Failed at Tue Dec 14 14:27:39 2010 (Elapsed Time: 12.00 seconds)
    Last edited by union77; 12-14-2010 at 08:02 PM.

2. 12-14-2010 04:48 PM

Dennis Holden
    Answers Provided

Default Re: SDE 10 Upgrade Fails:ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREAT

I was able to resolve the issue by recreating the SDE.SPX_UTIL and rerunning the upgrade process.

Ovidio Rivero
    Answers Provided

Default Re: SDE 10 Upgrade Fails:ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREAT

How did you recreate this package? I am having a simillar problem not upgrading but loading a new feature class on the database ad it fails with the same error. I went into the sde tables and the package is compiled with errors. I tried recompiling and it shows errors again.

Thanks,

Thomas Kunz
    Answers Provided

Setting the locale to NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 on the client from which we make the upgrade solved the problem in our case

There is a NIM which describes the bug: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDY5NjQz

The error message was:

Underlying DBMS error [Layer not found] [Error executing PL/SQL Block db_stgeom_create_indexORA-29855: Fehler bei Ausführung der Routine ODCIINDEXCREATE
    ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numerischer oder Wertefehler: character to number conversion error] Underlying DBMS error [Error executing PL/SQL Block db_stgeom_create_indexORA-29855: Fehler bei Ausführung der Routine ODCIINDEXCREATE
    ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numerischer oder Wertefehler: character to number conversion error]
    Last edited by thomkunz; 10-06-2011 at 06:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread