+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArcHydro

scott valentine
    Answers Provided

Red face ArcHydro

Is there a link to the ArcHydro downloads that is operational at this tiime? The link in the old forums just brings me back to the support login page.

Jason Saltman
    Answers Provided

Default Archydro download

Does anybody know where to get the arc hydro extension for 9.3? I can't seem to find in anywhere?

Joe Vondracek
    Answers Provided

Default Hydro Data Model downloads are here

Ian Pryor
    Answers Provided

You may also want to periodically check the ESRI ftp site. Updates and version history information is posted there for ArcHydro and other water resources utilities.

ftp.esri.com

Login: RiverHydraulics
    pass: river.1114
    Ian Pryor
    Stillwater Sciences
    Arcata, CA

Ernest Dunwoody
    Answers Provided

Unhappy Re: Hydro Data Model downloads are here

Actually it is not at this link. The link only leads you to an email address from which to request download instructions which are supplied promptly.

I followed the instructions. Installation seemed to go okay but:

1. Could find no way of activating the installed program. Not under All Programs and No file or icon to activate it yet the files were installed under Program Files (x86),

2. Could not find the Tutorial folders so could get no advice on what to do.

So the net result was no result and a lot of time wasted

Any advice how to solve these problems to get Arc Hydro running would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by edi1511; 05-13-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts

Kevin Sadrak
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Hydro Data Model downloads are here

Quote Originally Posted by edi1511 View Post
    Actually it is not at this link. The link only leads you to an email address from which to request download instructions which are supplied promptly.
    I followed the link from your post and it had all the zipped resources for the various versions of ArcHydro.
    I'd recommend downing the zip again, the docs and tutorials are in the doc folder.

Tom colson
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcHydro

ftp://ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/Setup9.3_9.3.1/

RiverHydraulics
    river.1114

Jason Lo
    Answers Provided

Oh
    I download this intervine, it's so small that I guess it's misapprehension

Answers Provided

The FTP site link no longer works and and link at esri (http://resources.arcgis.com/content/hydro-data-model) for ArcHydro for 9.2/9.3 doesn't work. I've been trying to find archydro for 9.3 now for about an hour-should it be this hard?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Garth Stephenson
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by y2kproof View Post
    The FTP site link no longer works and and link at esri (http://resources.arcgis.com/content/hydro-data-model) for ArcHydro for 9.2/9.3 doesn't work. I've been trying to find archydro for 9.3 now for about an hour-should it be this hard?

Thanks,

Stephanie
    Strange, the link that jvondracek indicated works for me (http://resources.arcgis.com/content/hydro-data-model). However, having downloaded and "installed" it, I keep getting messages saying "5, Invalid procedure call or argument"

I installed it fine on another machine. Would this have anything to do with the OS being 64 bit?

Garth
    Last edited by GarthCGA; 08-05-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Jason Taylor
    Answers Provided

Yes, I am having trouble with the link as well. It seems to be unavailable. Does anyone know of a mirror?

Jason Taylor
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by taylor65 View Post
    Yes, I am having trouble with the link as well. It seems to be unavailable. Does anyone know of a mirror?
    I just tried it again and it seems to be fine. I logged in to place my first post, and it worked after that. You may need to be logged in to download the zip file.

I am getting the same error as you Garth. It appears that after clicking ok through the invalid argument errors, there are several ArcHyrdo features missing from each menu. I image the toolbar will work, just not those sub tools. Too bad the install didn't come with an install readme file....
    Last edited by taylor65; 08-06-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Jason Taylor
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by taylor65 View Post
    I just tried it again and it seems to be fine. I logged in to place my first post, and it worked after that. You may need to be logged in to download the zip file.

I am getting the same error as you Garth. It appears that after clicking ok through the invalid argument errors, there are several ArcHyrdo features missing from each menu. I image the toolbar will work, just not those sub tools. Too bad the install didn't come with an install readme file....
    Ok, it works fine now. I closed all programs, and ran all three installers that came withthe zip file. That seems to have done the trick. Good Luck.

Nils Babel
    Answers Provided

Does anyone know if Arc Hydro for ArcGIS 10 is available? Or if they have plans to port it to ArcGIS 10?

Thanks very much.

Answers Provided

I have installed ArcHydro and like some other friends I keep getting this message saying "5, Invalid procedure call or argument" basically when I run "catchment Polygon Processing". All other commands prior to Catchment Polygon Processing are working properly but not the mentioned one.
    Could anyone-one help me on this?

Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by abesht View Post
    I have installed ArcHydro and like some other friends I keep getting this message saying "5, Invalid procedure call or argument" basically when I run "catchment Polygon Processing". All other commands prior to Catchment Polygon Processing are working properly but not the mentioned one.
    Could anyone-one help me on this?
    I received the same error when loading the tools. I installed the other two components, XML and ApFramework, which fixed the error.

Answers Provided

Question Re: ArcHydro

I'm having some trouble with ArcHydro freezing up my ArcMap window. Some of the tools work but a few of them cause the program to completely freeze up. Has anyone had trouble with this? I'm running a 64-bit machine, ArcGIS 9.3.1 and just updated to the latest ArcHydro tools available on the ftp.

Is there any additional support for ArcHydro? My search continues...

+ Reply to Thread