+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Public Schools Template

Arron Heriford
    Answers Provided

Default Public Schools Template

Is there a template available for public school boundaries? I maintian the edcuational data for the state of Oregon and have individual boundary layers for Educational Service Districts, School Districts (i.e. Elementary, High School and Unified...we have all three types), Elementary School Attendance Boundaries, Middle School Attendance Boundaries, and High School Attendance Boundaries. Are there also different symbols for the point locations (i.e. Elementary, Intermediate, Middle, High, and Charter)?

Arthur Crawford
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Public Schools Template

Generally boundary layers for Education (Education Service Districts, School Districts, Elementary School Attendance Boundaries, Middle School Attendance Boundaries, and High School Attendance Boundaries) would be what we call a an Operational Layer. The Community Basemap is a basemap that other operational layers can be put on top of. Once a basemap of your community is made, you could load the layers to ArcGIS.com and view the layers as an operation layer on top of it or show it in ArcMap with the World Topo Map in the background.

Arthur Crawford - esri

+ Reply to Thread