+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArcGis 10 WMS/WFS problems

Alvar Nõmmik
    Answers Provided

Thumbs down ArcGis 10 WMS/WFS problems

I got problems with WMS and WFS services when trying to open with other Gis programs than ArcMap

WMS - QuantumGis will find service, but can't use - EPSG Projection 3301 - Estonian Coordinate System of 1997 (just can't see anything), when im selecting WGS84 coordinate system it will show picture, but projection is wrong and therefore there is no use of it
    MapInfo and Arcmap works just fine

WFS - gvSIG, Quantum, Arcmap - works just fine
    When trying to connect with Mapinfo, i get error: "Unable to retrieve capabilities from the WFS Server" and thats all

Where might be problem in here?
    How to fix it?

At the moment we are in rush and trying to decide witch mapserver to pick.
    Minesota mapserver seems to work just fine with all gis programs, but arcmap seems to have some problems...
    Last edited by vabastiil; 02-17-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Alvar Nõmmik
    Answers Provided

Exclamation Re: ArcGis 10 WMS/WFS problems

I also found that when layer name starts with number, then there will be problems with it. (why?)
    Any way to fix it?

File name started with:
    20100301_

Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcGis 10 WMS/WFS problems

I have had this same problem with 9.3.1 server. It seems to me that server is not providing valid XML as result to GetCapabilities request. When I did the request from web browser and then copied returned text to XML editor and parsed the XML I got several errors.

When beginning of the file is replaced with namespace declarations as they are in OGC:s WFS definiton, Mapinfo is able to read capabilities. New capabilities XML has to be on the server and WFS service settings in server manager has to be set as "Use External capabilities files".

For me there is still some problems to open feature layers but it is a different case.

+ Reply to Thread