+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is possible to publish in AGS a custom toolbox implemented with IGPFunction2?

Víctor M. Bajo Pérez
    Answers Provided

Question How is possible to publish in AGS a custom toolbox implemented with IGPFunction2?

I've implemented a custom tool for toolbox with IGPFunction2 and IGPFunctionFactory.

I've read the basics in http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/a...5f375f088c.htm.

Since It has unsupported parameters, as explained here: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisserver...2102662086.htm , I had did "Using the string representation" in a model and then I had published it.

I've used examples like "creating a non-trivial" custom GP tool" and "Calculate Area", using ModelBuilder if it has been necessary.

In all case, absolutly in all case, i've obtained this messages:

On publishing: Configuration ServerGPObject.GPServer is not found - in Server Configuration - as warning.

On using: ERROR 000816: The tool is not valid. in ServerGPObject.GPServerSync - as error.

I've read this in 9.3.1, written in aug 2010, http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/166...custom+toolbox
    which goes back historically to feb 2009 in http://forums.esri.com/thread.asp?t=274589&f=1170&c=93.

Consequently, what is required to publish with ArcGIS Server a custom tool in ArcToolbox and the examples given are forgetting? for example, "extends server object"? as http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/9...._extension.htm , with options "[AutomationProxy(true), ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.AutoDual)]". Is itdocumented?, for example, where write automationProxy and AutoDual?.

What needs to be done so that a tool can be published on AGS?.

It is really possible to publish a custom tool for toolbox or only it's possible to publish custom models and custom scripts?. Aparently, documentation from ESRI only explains this case with models and scripts.

Developement environment:
    XP SP 3 Prof Ed.
    ArcGIS Server & Desktop 9.3.1
    VS 2008.
    Framework .NET 3.5

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Bryan Gunter
    Answers Provided

Default Re: How is possible to publish in AGS a custom toolbox implemented with IGPFunction2?

Having the same issue. Have a written custom geoprocessor that is configured to work in desktop using esriregasm tool.
    The tool is inside of an mxd.
    i deploy the tool to arcserver using Arcserver manager and create a geoprocessing service.
    I get the error that the "parameters need repair". when i go back to the tool in desktop the one in the mxd no parameters exist anymore. However i can reload the tool from catalog and all the parameters still exist.

The tool works fine in desktop just not as a service.

Anyone find a solution to this issue?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Truong Pham
    Answers Provided

Default Re: How is possible to publish in AGS a custom toolbox implemented with IGPFunction2?

Dear Víctor M. Bajo Pérez
    I have same problem which what you had. Are you solve your problem?
    Best regards,
    Truong Pham

Deona Evans
    Answers Provided

Same problem.....
    Deona Evans
    Huntsville, AL

zeng zhe
    Answers Provided

step 1:"Registering the DLL" to Desktop;
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\ESRIRegAsm.exe" "C:\mydata\GIS\ArcGISServerFlexAPIData\AO_GP\GPAddFeaturesTool\CSharp\GPAddFeatures\bin\Debug\GPAddFeatures.dll"

please register ARCGIS Installations type: "Desktop"!

step 2:"Registering the DLL" to Server;
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\ESRIRegAsm.exe" "C:\mydata\GIS\ArcGISServerFlexAPIData\AO_GP\GPAddFeaturesTool\CSharp\GPAddFeatures\bin\Debug\GPAddFeatures.dll"

please register ARCGIS Installations type: "Server"!

step 3:Add Custom GP Tool named Toolbox1;
    (1)new toolbox named Toolbox1
    (2)add tool named tool1 from register tool dll

step 4:Add Custom GP Tool named Toolbox2;
    (1) new toolbox named Toolbox2
    (2) new Model named Model1
    (3) edit Model1,Drag the(step 3 tool1)in model1,make variable from parameter...

step 5:Publishing Toolbox2 as service.

Víctor M. Bajo Pérez
    Answers Provided

Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread