+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARCGIS 10 License server error -15,570

Joseph Cornellisson
    Answers Provided

Default ARCGIS 10 License server error -15,570

Occasionally when I or one of the users trie to start ARC the following message shows up:

Cannot connect to license server system
    THe license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
    the worong port@host of license file is being used, or the
    port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
    Feature: ARC/INFO
    Server Name: Lakewood01
    License path: @Lakewood01
    Flexnet Licensing error: -15,570

I'm running server 2008, Window XP sp3, Arc 10. However, the server is running, the LM is running, etc. Everything appears to check out OK

If you close the error and try to start Arc again - it usually comes up. Sometimes the error occurs two or three times but Arc eventually does start.

Is it a timing issue in the network? on the server?? Is there an environment variable or setting I can change? It gets annoying.

thanks
    Joe

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Default Re: ARCGIS 10 License server error -15,570

Joe,

You can set a FLEXLM_TIMEOUT environmental variable on the clients, default is 2 seconds (200000) and bump it up as far as needed. What I find works more effectively is to open the firewall on the server to the default port range of the FlexNet Publisher license manager daemon--27000-27009.

Through ArcGIS 9.x ESRI bound the License service (lmgrd.exe) to listen on port 27004; at ArcGIS 10 LM is allowed to float to the first available port in the range unless it is fixed by an edit to the service.txt file--default location C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\License10.0\bin\service.txt on the license server.

So your clients with just a @Lakewood1 license path will poll each port on the server in sequence, moving to the next when no service is acknowledged--adding a firewall to the mix blocks the no service reply for each port and significantly extends the timeout delay. While setting the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT helps alleviate that, it is much better to just set ArcGIS to query the specific port in use, on both server and clients.

Since I service both 9.x and 10.x ArcGIS Desktop clients from my license servers, I go ahead and use port 27004 for the ESRI lmgrd instance.

Pretty complete details on what to set are in this ArcGIS 10 License Manager help-- here.

Also, a good idea to visit the Flexera support site and grab a copy of the current License Administrators Guide and perhaps update your license manager and utilities--here.

Post back if unclear or you have any questions.

Stuart
    Last edited by vsfoote; 03-30-2011 at 06:17 PM.

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

Christina Boura
    Answers Provided

Smile Re: ARCGIS 9.2 License server error -15,570

ARCGIS 9.2 License server error -15,570

When I or one of the users trie to start ARCMAP the following message shows up:

Cannot connect to license server system. The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
    the wrong port@host of license file is being used, or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
    Feature: ARC/INFO
    Server Name: localhost
    License path: @localhost
    Flexnet Licensing error: -15,570

I'm running Windows Vista.
    Please could you help me.

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

@xrismpou,

A little sparse on details, but if I have to guess it looks like you are running ArcGIS License Manager on the local workstation and suspect that the lmgrd service has stopped and needs to be restarted. You may also have an issue on needing to update the license file and perhaps replace the hardware dongle (or its drivers) if installed.

Stuart

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

Christina Boura
    Answers Provided

Thank you very much for your reply message Stuart.
    I can't understand exacly how can I fix this. Could you help me and describe me what to do ?
    Yours sincerely,
    Christina.

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Christina,

Still not a lot for us to go on.

Is your license manager installed on a separate system from where ArcGIS Desktop 9.2 is installed? Or do you have only one system? If only one system, is there a USB or Parallel hardware key attached--it would have a small Esri serial number markings?

Stuart

Christina Boura
    Answers Provided

Thank you very much.
    Christina B.

+ Reply to Thread