+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raster to polygon Conversion Tool not working in ArcGIS 10

Ernest Dunwoody
    Answers Provided

Default Raster to polygon Conversion Tool not working in ArcGIS 10

Hello,

The Raster to Polygon conversion tool is supposed to work according to: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdeskto...Spatial_23.htm

In my installation of Arc GIS 10, it only works if the raster is thematic but it works for all raster types, multilayer, continuous values, noninteger values etc on my colleagues ArcGIS 9.3.1. installation. We have wasted 2 days trying to solve this problem. All it spits out are error codes which are deadenders.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
    Any ideas for a solution?

Is it a systemic problem in ArcGIS 10 or only in my particular installation?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has experienced this problem and/or found a solution.

Thank you for any advice.

Dana Thomson
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Raster to polygon Conversion Tool not working in ArcGIS 10

I'm having the same problem while trying to convert my raster (of continuous values) to polygons. The error message provides no information about why it's failing:

"ERROR 999999: Error executing function."

I have not yet found a solution. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

Chloe Bellamy
    Answers Provided

I am having the same problems - did either of you find a fix? I've just installed service pack 4, but this didn't help.
    Last edited by chloebellamy; 03-12-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Curtis Price

Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by chloebellamy View Post
    I am having the same problems - did either of you find a fix? I've just installed service pack 4, but this didn't help.
    Have you tried integerizing the raster and build a raster attribute table first? The Slice tool may may be a good way to integerize the raster if the input is continuous values.

I don't see how a continous raster would be an appropriate raster source to convert to polygons, because, well, it's made up of continuous values.
    Last edited by curtvprice; 03-19-2012 at 08:14 AM.

NAOMI PAUL
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by danafer1 View Post
    I'm having the same problem while trying to convert my raster (of continuous values) to polygons. The error message provides no information about why it's failing:

"ERROR 999999: Error executing function."

I have not yet found a solution. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

I am also having the same problem. I'm working with creating vegetation for the Community Maps program. In both the tutorial and my own data this tool has failed. The reproting error codes really are of no help at all.

Curtis Price

Answers Provided

I have resposted the original question over in the Imagery and Raster data forum where the experts hang out.

http://forums.arcgis.com/showthread.php?t=56099

+ Reply to Thread