+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to disable/enable the zoom in/out function when scrolling mouse wheel

Thao Nguyen
    Answers Provided

Default how to disable/enable the zoom in/out function when scrolling mouse wheel

When I scroll mouse wheel, map is zoomed in or out. This is a nice feature.
    In our application, there are cases that I want this behavior to be active or inactive.
    For instance, I add a map into a "tab view". If the tab view is NOT active, and I scroll the mouse wheel, I do not want the map to be zoomed in or out.
    If the tab view is active, I want the map to be zoomed in/out when I scroll the mouse wheel.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

Thao Nguyen
    Answers Provided

Default Re: how to disable/enable the zoom in/out function when scrolling mouse wheel

Quote Originally Posted by bbthao View Post
    When I scroll mouse wheel, map is zoomed in or out. This is a nice feature.
    In our application, there are cases that I want this behavior to be active or inactive.
    For instance, I add a map into a "tab view". If the tab view is NOT active, and I scroll the mouse wheel, I do not want the map to be zoomed in or out.
    If the tab view is active, I want the map to be zoomed in/out when I scroll the mouse wheel.

How can I do this?

Thanks!
    To be clear, how can I disable or enable the Arcgis built-in mouse wheel function?
    Please let me know if it is doable or not. Thanks!

Dominique BROUX

Answers Provided

Default Re: how to disable/enable the zoom in/out function when scrolling mouse wheel

If you want to stop any interaction with your map when the tab view is not active, you can set to false the IsHitTestVisible property of your map.

Just my 2cts, there is probably more subtil solutions
    /Dominique

Thao Nguyen
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by dbroux View Post
    If you want to stop any interaction with your map when the tab view is not active, you can set to false the IsHitTestVisible property of your map.

Just my 2cts, there is probably more subtil solutions
    This does not work well because my app has a scrollviewer, when setting isHitTestVisible to false, scrolling the mouse wheel while the cursor is on the map does not scroll the window vertical bar and I want it worked as before, only the map zooming function is disabled.
    In addition, I think the map was still set focused or something. That is why I ask if there is a way to disable this.
    Thanks!

Jennifer Nery

Answers Provided

Jennifer Nery
    Software Developer
    ArcGIS API for SL/WPF/WP7

Thao Nguyen
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferdnery View Post
    I handled this by setting e.Handled = true in PreviewMouseWheel handler method. That works but I have to give up in making my scroll viewer worked when the cursor is inside the map.
    Last edited by bbthao; 04-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread