+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VS2010 with version 9.3.1

Michelle Gonzalez
    Answers Provided

Default VS2010 with version 9.3.1

Hello.

A client just gave me a computer with Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010 and ArcGis Server 9.3.1. I konw that the templates and libraries are not installed with my version of the Visual Studio.

The application was done with Visual Studio 2005, and it works fine. The thing is that I need to get it to run in Visual Studio 2005

I tried to register the dll's in the GAC, but I can't get then to appeared in the .NET references.

Does somebody know how I can do this?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Michelle

Richard Watson

Answers Provided

Default Re: VS2010 with version 9.3.1

We use Visual Studio 2010 in conjunction with 9.3.1.

For adding references you can just browse to the ESRI .NET assemblies which are installed. Mine are in C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DotNet.

If you really insist that these show up in Visual Studio then you are going to have to add them yourself:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306149

We do not use the templates. If you insist on the templates then you can create the project in an older version of Visual Studio and then open/convert it to a newer version.

Michelle Gonzalez
    Answers Provided

Default Re: VS2010 with version 9.3.1

Thank you, very much Richard.

That was just what I was looking for. Because for some reason just adding the libraries as a reference from the ESRI folder didn't make the libraries work in code. The programming I had done didn't get recongnize.

Thanks,

Michelle

+ Reply to Thread