+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to connect to local ArcGIS Server: "SOM not started"

Gal Avraham
    Answers Provided

Default Unable to connect to local ArcGIS Server: "SOM not started"

Hello All
    I'm trying to access a map service hosted on our intranet ArcGIS Server, which is located in the same LAN. After specifying the server URL (e.g http://MYSERVER/arcgis/services) and pressing the "Connect" button I get the following error:

The request failed with HTTP status 404: SOM not started

I have no problem consuming within AutoCAD 2010 other services hosted on a remote ArcGIS Server, as well as consuming maps hosted at ESRI's ArcGIS Online.
    The same ArcGIS Server that I'm unable to access from within AutoCAD 2010, is working properly with ArcGIS clients (e.g ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)) and its services can be consumed with no problem within web applications (both self tailored ones or others generated using the ArcGIS Server Manager).
    Any help will be mostly appreciated,

Cherers,
    Gal

anant sinha
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Unable to connect to local ArcGIS Server: "SOM not started"

Quote Originally Posted by rotemgal View Post
    Hello All
    I'm trying to access a map service hosted on our intranet ArcGIS Server, which is located in the same LAN. After specifying the server URL (e.g http://MYSERVER/arcgis/services) and pressing the "Connect" button I get the following error:

The request failed with HTTP status 404: SOM not started

I have no problem consuming within AutoCAD 2010 other services hosted on a remote ArcGIS Server, as well as consuming maps hosted at ESRI's ArcGIS Online.
    The same ArcGIS Server that I'm unable to access from within AutoCAD 2010, is working properly with ArcGIS clients (e.g ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)) and its services can be consumed with no problem within web applications (both self tailored ones or others generated using the ArcGIS Server Manager).
    Any help will be mostly appreciated,

Cherers,
    Gal
    Hi Gal,

What version of ArcGIS server are you using?
    Anant Sinha

+ Reply to Thread