+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Labels showing up outside the data fram when exporting to .PDF using DDP:

Jeremy Read
    Answers Provided

Default Labels showing up outside the data fram when exporting to .PDF using DDP:

Is anyone else having this problem? I saw a thread about it in the Cartography section of the forum, but there weren't any solutions that would work for DDP when using Python to export hundreds of grid maps (as we're doing). Basically, almost every .PDF I export has labels showing up way outside the data frame, such as in the legend, title, etc. Some are worse than others and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. We are running ArcGIS 10, SP3 on Windows 7, 64-bit.

Here is an example of one of the maps (labels outside the data frame are circled in red):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gridmap.jpg‎
Views:	90
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	10858  
    Last edited by jread; 12-30-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Jeffrey Barrette

Answers Provided

Default Re: Labels showing up outside the data fram when exporting to .PDF using DDP:

This is a known issue and will be addressed at 10.1. I don't believe this was addressed in time for SP4.

Jeff

Jeremy Read
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Labels showing up outside the data fram when exporting to .PDF using DDP:

Thank you for your response. I guess we will wait until the 10.1 release and go from there.

This is a long shot, but could we possibly revert back to an older version of 10? Like 10.0 or 10.1? Or has the problem always been there?

Joel Calhoun
    Answers Provided

I'm not sure if this is your issue but there was an problem with annotation extending past the data frame when exporting that was fixed in SP3. If you are still at Service Pack 2, I suggest updating to see if it fixes your problem.

NIM067880 - Annotation features display outside of the data frame when exporting a map.

The list of fixes in Service Pack 3 can be found at the following link:

http://downloads2.esri.com/support/d...sp3-issues.htm

Joel

Jeremy Read
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by Stringtheory View Post
    I'm not sure if this is your issue but there was an problem with annotation extending past the data frame when exporting that was fixed in SP3. If you are still at Service Pack 2, I suggest updating to see if it fixes your problem.

NIM067880 - Annotation features display outside of the data frame when exporting a map.

The list of fixes in Service Pack 3 can be found at the following link:

http://downloads2.esri.com/support/d...sp3-issues.htm

Joel
    Yes, we are running SP3. The issue was fixed as far as exporting from ArcMap, but it is still there when exporting maps in a Python script.

Shaun Conway
    Answers Provided

Check out Rachel's answer from 02-07-2014 10:54 AM. It might help you out!

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/301...328#post346328

+ Reply to Thread