+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SQL Server with Address Coder 10

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

Default SQL Server with Address Coder 10

I have started to use Address Coder 10 as one of my primary sources of geocoding addresses. I have been able to use Address Coder with Microsoft Access. I have tried to use Address Coder with SQL server and I do not have any luck with it. It seems that the only way I can get Address Coder to work is using Microsoft Access. I haven't seen a whole lot of blogs or posts about anyone using Address Coder 10. I am curious to see if anyone else on the forums has used Address Coder and what they have thought about it and how successful they are with Address Coder.

Jason Robinson

Answers Provided

Default Re: SQL Server with Address Coder 10

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_J_Coleman View Post
    I have started to use Address Coder 10 as one of my primary sources of geocoding addresses. I have been able to use Address Coder with Microsoft Access. I have tried to use Address Coder with SQL server and I do not have any luck with it. It seems that the only way I can get Address Coder to work is using Microsoft Access. I haven't seen a whole lot of blogs or posts about anyone using Address Coder 10. I am curious to see if anyone else on the forums has used Address Coder and what they have thought about it and how successful they are with Address Coder.
    Matthew,

Which version of SQL Server are you using? There does appear to be an issue with SQL Server when attempting to write back to the input table instead of a new one under Output.

Regards,
    Jason R.

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

I am currently using the 2008 edition of SQL server. The company I work for is going to move over to SQL 2008 R2 this year.

Jason Robinson

Answers Provided

I am currently using the 2008 edition of SQL server. The company I work for is going to move over to SQL 2008 R2 this year.
    Mathew,

Do you receive error messages and if so could you attach any screen shots? Any details as to how it does not work would help greatly.

Regards,
    Jason R.

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

Yes I can send you screenshots. It will be on Monday (1/23) when I am able to get the screenshots posted. I am running an update on my computer.

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

Here are the screenshots of my problem. Hope this helps.

1)Click image for larger version

Name:	input.png
Views:	56
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	11383
    2)Click image for larger version

Name:	output.png
Views:	44
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	11384
    3)Click image for larger version

Name:	FieldsNotPopulated.png
Views:	59
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	11386
    4) Click image for larger version

Name:	ErrorAfterIenterDatabaseinfo.png
Views:	56
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	11385

Images 1 and 2 are the input and output. The 3 image is the error message I get after I put the information in the input box. The last image (4) is the fields tab. I am not able to select any fields from the drop down arrows for address, city, zip and so on.

Jason Robinson

Answers Provided

Can you post a pick of the data columns in your table? Wondering if their might be a data type issue here.

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

Here is the data I am using. I am using the following columns for the address coder:
    SourceAddressLine1
    SourceAddressLine2
    SourceAddressCity
    SourceAddressState
    SourceAddressZipCode

I have attached the SQL table (in a spreadsheet) I use to try and connect to address coder.
    Attached Files

Jason Robinson

Answers Provided

Here is the data I am using. I am using the following columns for the address coder:
    SourceAddressLine1
    SourceAddressLine2
    SourceAddressCity
    SourceAddressState
    SourceAddressZipCode

I have attached the SQL table (in a spreadsheet) I use to try and connect to address coder.
    Matthew,

The error could be related to Address Coder not knowing what to do with the "geography" type. Speaking with the developer when they added SQL Server support years ago they stuck to types that would convert to a csv file generally. Try creating a copy of this table without the geography type columns like GEOGeography to see if it eliminates the error you encounter and successfully processes the file. If it does process after removing those columns I can submit a bug for this.

Regards,
    Jason

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the late reply. I am currently working on the address coder application with my manager and we working together on connecting address coder with SQL server. We will keep you posted on how this process is working.

Matthew Coleman
    Answers Provided

Its been awhile since I last posted in here. One of my co workers was able to link address coder 10 and SQL Server together to where the process runs automatically every night. It was a success, it just took us awhile to get things figured out. Thanks for all of your help.

+ Reply to Thread