+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KML Layer support?

Paul Vastag
    Answers Provided

Default KML Layer support?

Does the current version of ArcGIS for Android support web-based KML/KMZ files? Has anyone had success viewing KML/KMZ-based map layers in ArcGIS for Android?

Using ArcGIS.com in my desktop web browser, I've created several maps that have web-based KML/KMZ files as data layers. The maps work great in my desktop browser (and also in Business Analyst online, which is great!), but the KML/KMZ layers do not display in ArcGIS for Android and are not even listed on the Map Contents list.

If the current version doesn't support KML layers, when will KML support be added? A couple of slides from a 2011 ESRI User Conference presentation state that KML support is planned for the product.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running "Android 3.1, Honeycomb".

Denise King

Answers Provided

Default Re: KML Layer support?

Paul,

KML layer is not a supported data format for the ArcGIS for Smartphone/Tablet application including Android platform and iOS platforms at this time. KML support is available at version 2.2 of ArcGIS for Windows Phone App. I suggest posting this feature enhancement to 'support KML layer on Android OS platform' on ArcGIS Ideas. The ArcGIS Ideas is a submission portal which lets our customers get involved. You can suggest new products, promote favorite enhancements and interact with ESRI Teams.

Cheers,
    Denise
    Denise King
    Apps/Mobile Development Technical Lead
    User Advocacy Group, Esri Support Services

+ Reply to Thread