+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up

John Centeno
    Answers Provided

Default Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up

We are currently upgrading our users from 9.3.1 to 10. One of our users PC hangs up while uninstalling 9.3.1 the process freezes or hangs up on registering modules rdo.dll. I tried the procedures in troubleshooting article 32953 to no avail. I tried to repair 9.3.1 but then freezes in same spot. When I looked in the registry there was no Raster registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Raster registry. Is this a know problem when upgrading from 9.3.1 to 10 and is there another solution?

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Default Re: Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up

John,

Suspect the problem may be with a 3rd party extension to ArcGIS 9.3; the extensions must come off first. Probably not an issue in that most will not work with ArcGIS 10 anyhow. Run an APPWIZ.CPL session or another installation manager (CCLEANER or REVO Uninstaller) looking for the culprit. But you may need to reinstall 9.3.1, remove the extension, then uninstall, clean-up a bit and then proceed with the ArcGIS 10.0 install.

Stuart

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

John Centeno
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up

Problem resolved! I had looked in the event viewer to see if there was an error log. What I found were a few registry errors related to RedBoxMM after some internet searching I found this is related to a Trojan. I ran Mal-Ware Bytes and found a rogue RegTool and a few thousand errors. I let MalWare Bytes resolve the issues restarted the PC. The uninstall of 9.3.1 and the install of 10 worked fine. Thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread