+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edit Web map

Chris Kisters
    Answers Provided

Default Edit Web map

Hello everybody,

I've created a web map with my esri global account and added an editable layer from my harddisk with popup.
    And everything fine so far, I can edit the features and so on.
    But I can't do the same when I open it with the mobile app. The popup windows opens, but there is no pencil to edit.
    Anyone has an idea what happens?

Thanks,

Chris

Jared Yost
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Edit Web map

I think the issue here is the data is on your desktop. For editing on the device it does not see your desktop at all. To create an editable layer create a mxd with only the layer you want to edit (layer source should be in sde versioned and on arcgis server I think, not sure if file geodatabase on server will work.)
    create a feature layer from the mxd make sure pooling is set to not pooled in map service properties
    add the feature layer to your arcgis.com map

Chris Kisters
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by GIS_Jared_Yost View Post
    For editing on the device it does not see your desktop at all.
    Thanks for this tip though it sounds quite complicated. I wonder why it is necesary to access to the destop in order to edit the file while editing online in the Web Wap is posible without the need to connect to the desktop.

But I will give it a try.

Chris

Jared Yost
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by ChK_ChK View Post
    Thanks for this tip though it sounds quite complicated. I wonder why it is necesary to access to the destop in order to edit the file while editing online in the Web Wap is posible without the need to connect to the desktop.

But I will give it a try.

Chris
    Chris, It sounds like you may be able to do what you want(without all the complexity I suggested). Are you logged in when you access your map via your mobile device?

From ESRI help
    When feature layers are stored in the map, only the map author can edit the features. In other words, your edits are saved when you save your map. These types of feature layers are useful for displaying information such as events happening within a community or inventory of oil production facilities. If you have features in delimited text file or GPX file, you can import them into your map. See Adding features from a file for more information. Feature layers that are part of the map are also an easy way to add a small number of features, for example, the swimming pools managed by your city's parks and recreation department and when you don't have access to ArcGIS for Server for creating feature service layers. See Creating editable layers for more information.
    http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisonli...0000047000000/

Good luck,
    Jared

Chris Kisters
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by GIS_Jared_Yost View Post
    Chris, It sounds like you may be able to do what you want(without all the complexity I suggested). Are you logged in when you access your map via your mobile device?

From ESRI help

Good luck,
    Jared

Thanks again, for your help, yet I haven't had the time to try the suggested steps. Though, in order to answer your question: Yes, I'm logged in when I access with my phone to the map.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread