+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creating a GIS course for High School

Andrew Paulsen
    Answers Provided

Default Creating a GIS course for High School

I'm a teacher in California who wants to create a GIS elective course, preferablly one that meets A-G requirements for college prep electives for the UC system. Has anyone already done this? Done something similar? Help and advice would be appreciated.

Eric Bowman
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Creating a GIS course for High School

Quote Originally Posted by adpaulsen View Post
    I'm a teacher in California who wants to create a GIS elective course, preferablly one that meets A-G requirements for college prep electives for the UC system. Has anyone already done this? Done something similar? Help and advice would be appreciated.
    Hi adpaulsen,

Please private message me for my contact information. I just sat on advisory board for the Colton-Redlands-Yucaipa ROP that were integrating GIS like you mentioned. I can get you touch with resources that will help you.

Eric
    Last edited by ebowman; 03-14-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: remove email

Joseph Kerski
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Creating a GIS course for High School

If you are still seeking ideas, you could take my course through www.enetcolorado.org called "Isn't That Spatial" - introduction to spatial thinking and geotechnologies for educators. This might give you some ideas for your own course. Begins 19 Sep 2012 and runs for 5 weeks; asynchronous; estimated time required to complete the work: 3 to 4 hours per week.

--Joseph Kerski

+ Reply to Thread