+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have an idea of what percentage of US roads aren't mapped

Chris Richmond
    Answers Provided

Default Anyone have an idea of what percentage of US roads aren't mapped

This question came up from folks in the field who noticed roads that aren't in the StreetMap network. I realize not all roads are in the geometric network but does anyone know where I can find documentation on about what percentage of US roads are included in the network?

Jason Robinson

Answers Provided

Default Re: Anyone have an idea of what percentage of US roads aren't mapped

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.richmond View Post
    This question came up from folks in the field who noticed roads that aren't in the StreetMap network. I realize not all roads are in the geometric network but does anyone know where I can find documentation on about what percentage of US roads are included in the network?
    Chris,

Not sure if there is a hard and fast percentage number for US roads that are *not* included. The discussions always going to the data documentation and finding out the vintage/year of the data. For example link below there is a section regarding the TeleAtlas vintage (pages 12(5)).

http://downloads.esri.com/support/wh...nd_Maps_10.pdf

Always tough to answer those types of questions though providing vintage information as well as when data is planned to be updated helps. Or also creating a support incident so the missing roads could be documented is also helpful.

Regards,
    Jason R.

+ Reply to Thread