How the specified angle is measured?
From north (as in picture) or in another way?
Is the point grid regular?
If you don't have to many points, you can try do it manually:
- Create quite long line which can intersect lake boundary from each point.
- Copy this line and snap to point. Repeat for every point.
- Cut lines layer with lake layer in geodatabase - one of attributes of each line will be Length.
Last edited by m.gasior; 03-07-2012 at 02:04 AM.
There is about 1000 points, so manually it's long work
I've found some another way to solve this:
1. Copy all points and move it on right X and Y (to preserve specified angle)
2. Create lines between points. I used ET GeoWizard tool - each point has it's name, so copied points are the same name and this is base to draw lines between it.
3. Clip lines to lake boundary
4. Calculate lenght
5. Create points from line proper vertices
I got the same problem, I need to find distance between point and polygon (nearest distance to polygon boundary regardless of direction/angle), similary, I also need to find distance between the same points and line (river), again regardless of direction/angle.
I have more than 2000 points and more than 6000 rivers, so, doing manually will result much more error and it is much time consuming, I am looking for solution
many thanks from your kind support
madan k suwal