+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

  1. #1
    Mike Gregotski
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Unhappy ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Hi,

    I'm using the ArcGIS for Android app and have run into a problem. It will not recognize feature services in the maps that I load up.

    I have a Web Map that I created that has one feature service in it (ESRI Canada 311 App): http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html...b22d5bdc864243

    This map shows up on the Android device but the feature service in it does not. If I use the same Web App on an iPad with the ArcGIS for iOS app the feature service does show up and I can edit it. So it seems like I missed something in setting up the app for the Android device or something else is wrong.

    As a test I tried to bringing in one of the Esri Data Collection Playground Web Maps: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html...3e8ca52744ef75

    The feature service does not show up on the Android app here either.

    Any input that anyone can provide is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Paul Barker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Mike,


    Can you provide a few more details about the device(s) you are using (android os version, phone make and model, carrier, and if you are on wifi/3g) , I am able to view and edit the web map you mentioned on the devices I have.

    Regards,
    Paul

  3. #3
    Steven Bristow
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    I have the same issue - Sony S tablet running Honeycomb on WiFi - only loads the basemap no feature services.
    If, when creating the map on the desktop, I add the feature by selecting Add Layer From File it seems to work.
    But if I create the feature service outside of the map, then add the feature service, it does not.
    Last edited by SWBristow; 03-08-2012 at 04:47 AM.

  4. #4
    Mike Gregotski
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for the reply. Here are my specs:

    Android OS version: Android 3.1
    Phone make and model: Samsung Galaxy 10.1" 16GB Tablet. Here’s a link to the model.
    Carrier: Bell
    Connection method: Used both 4G (I’m in Canada) and Wifi with the same result (no feature service displayed).

    From what I have seen there are others that are experiencing this problem.

    If you don’t have a solution would you suggest that I open an incident with Esri Technical Support so this can be tracked formerly?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  5. #5
    Paul Barker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Quote Originally Posted by SWBristow View Post
    I have the same issue - Sony S tablet running Honeycomb on WiFi - only loads the basemap no feature services.
    If, when creating the map on the desktop, I add the feature by selecting Add Layer From File it seems to work.
    But if I create the feature service outside of the map, then add the feature service, it does not.
    Are you referring to the same web map or another one ? if its not the same map can you please post the link to the map that is giving your troubles

  6. #6
    Paul Barker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Quote Originally Posted by mgregotski View Post
    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for the reply. Here are my specs:

    Android OS version: Android 3.1
    Phone make and model: Samsung Galaxy 10.1" 16GB Tablet. Here’s a link to the model.
    Carrier: Bell
    Connection method: Used both 4G (I’m in Canada) and Wifi with the same result (no feature service displayed).

    From what I have seen there are others that are experiencing this problem.

    If you don’t have a solution would you suggest that I open an incident with Esri Technical Support so this can be tracked formerly?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike,

    I tested it on our Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet that we have in house and can see the feature service without issue. I would followup with support and they can help troubleshoot this in more detail.

    Regards

    Paul
    Last edited by barker_esri; 03-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.

  7. #7
    Mike Gregotski
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Hi Paul,

    I will follow-up with Technical Support. Thanks for doing the test.

    Mike

  8. #8
    Randy Hauser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Quote Originally Posted by mgregotski View Post
    Hi Paul,

    I will follow-up with Technical Support. Thanks for doing the test.

    Mike
    I'm also having this issue with the ArcGIS Android app. Though I'm seeing some feature services (street centerlines, parcels, city boundary), but not others (zoning or zoning district). I've tested on several android devices (phones) with the same result. I thought it may have been due to the fact that both of the ones I can see have a scale range set, but I remove that and they still don't show.

    http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?open...9f1683f7fea456

  9. #9
    Paul Barker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    Points
    6
    Answers Provided
    1

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Quote Originally Posted by Enplan View Post
    I'm also having this issue with the ArcGIS Android app. Though I'm seeing some feature services (street centerlines, parcels, city boundary), but not others (zoning or zoning district). I've tested on several android devices (phones) with the same result. I thought it may have been due to the fact that both of the ones I can see have a scale range set, but I remove that and they still don't show.

    http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?open...9f1683f7fea456
    It looks like your feature server is set to only return 1000 records which is why you are only seeing part of the data. You may need to bump it up higher (to 5000,10000) to see all of the features
    http://services.arcgis.com/vCDdTfgjO.../FeatureServer

  10. #10
    Mark DePenning
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Points
    0
    Answers Provided
    0

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    Mike

    I just ran into a similar issue today. We created a tree point feature service to do some field updating. The feature service shows up in windows on office desktop and field laptop, it show up on IPAD and IPHONE, but on Android it does not show up. All were tested an logged into the same account which also happens to be the owner account. The feature service was shared to the organization as well as the group. When I shared the feature service to EVERYONE it now shows up in Android. Must be a permissions issue on the android. I will create a ticket because I dont want every one updating our data.

  11. #11
    Paul Barker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48
    Points
    8
    Answers Provided
    2

    Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

    What version of the app are you running ? if you go to settings,about what does it say?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts