+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

Mike Gregotski
    Answers Provided

Unhappy ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

Hi,

I'm using the ArcGIS for Android app and have run into a problem. It will not recognize feature services in the maps that I load up.

I have a Web Map that I created that has one feature service in it (ESRI Canada 311 App): http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html...b22d5bdc864243

This map shows up on the Android device but the feature service in it does not. If I use the same Web App on an iPad with the ArcGIS for iOS app the feature service does show up and I can edit it. So it seems like I missed something in setting up the app for the Android device or something else is wrong.

As a test I tried to bringing in one of the Esri Data Collection Playground Web Maps: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html...3e8ca52744ef75

The feature service does not show up on the Android app here either.

Any input that anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Paul Barker
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcGIS for Android App not seeing feature services

Mike,

Can you provide a few more details about the device(s) you are using (android os version, phone make and model, carrier, and if you are on wifi/3g) , I am able to view and edit the web map you mentioned on the devices I have.

Regards,
    Paul

Steven Bristow
    Answers Provided

I have the same issue - Sony S tablet running Honeycomb on WiFi - only loads the basemap no feature services.
    If, when creating the map on the desktop, I add the feature by selecting Add Layer From File it seems to work.
    But if I create the feature service outside of the map, then add the feature service, it does not.
    Last edited by SWBristow; 03-08-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Mike Gregotski
    Answers Provided

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Here are my specs:

Android OS version: Android 3.1
    Phone make and model: Samsung Galaxy 10.1" 16GB Tablet. Here’s a link to the model.
    Carrier: Bell
    Connection method: Used both 4G (I’m in Canada) and Wifi with the same result (no feature service displayed).

From what I have seen there are others that are experiencing this problem.

If you don’t have a solution would you suggest that I open an incident with Esri Technical Support so this can be tracked formerly?

Thanks,
    Mike

Paul Barker
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by SWBristow View Post
    I have the same issue - Sony S tablet running Honeycomb on WiFi - only loads the basemap no feature services.
    If, when creating the map on the desktop, I add the feature by selecting Add Layer From File it seems to work.
    But if I create the feature service outside of the map, then add the feature service, it does not.
    Are you referring to the same web map or another one ? if its not the same map can you please post the link to the map that is giving your troubles

Paul Barker
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by mgregotski View Post
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Here are my specs:

Android OS version: Android 3.1
    Phone make and model: Samsung Galaxy 10.1" 16GB Tablet. Here’s a link to the model.
    Carrier: Bell
    Connection method: Used both 4G (I’m in Canada) and Wifi with the same result (no feature service displayed).

From what I have seen there are others that are experiencing this problem.

If you don’t have a solution would you suggest that I open an incident with Esri Technical Support so this can be tracked formerly?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike,

I tested it on our Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet that we have in house and can see the feature service without issue. I would followup with support and they can help troubleshoot this in more detail.

Regards

Paul
    Last edited by barker_esri; 03-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Mike Gregotski
    Answers Provided

Hi Paul,

I will follow-up with Technical Support. Thanks for doing the test.

Mike

Randy Hauser
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by mgregotski View Post
    Hi Paul,

I will follow-up with Technical Support. Thanks for doing the test.

Mike
    I'm also having this issue with the ArcGIS Android app. Though I'm seeing some feature services (street centerlines, parcels, city boundary), but not others (zoning or zoning district). I've tested on several android devices (phones) with the same result. I thought it may have been due to the fact that both of the ones I can see have a scale range set, but I remove that and they still don't show.

http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?open...9f1683f7fea456

Paul Barker
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by Enplan View Post
    I'm also having this issue with the ArcGIS Android app. Though I'm seeing some feature services (street centerlines, parcels, city boundary), but not others (zoning or zoning district). I've tested on several android devices (phones) with the same result. I thought it may have been due to the fact that both of the ones I can see have a scale range set, but I remove that and they still don't show.

http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?open...9f1683f7fea456
    It looks like your feature server is set to only return 1000 records which is why you are only seeing part of the data. You may need to bump it up higher (to 5000,10000) to see all of the features
    http://services.arcgis.com/vCDdTfgjO.../FeatureServer

Mark DePenning
    Answers Provided

Mike

I just ran into a similar issue today. We created a tree point feature service to do some field updating. The feature service shows up in windows on office desktop and field laptop, it show up on IPAD and IPHONE, but on Android it does not show up. All were tested an logged into the same account which also happens to be the owner account. The feature service was shared to the organization as well as the group. When I shared the feature service to EVERYONE it now shows up in Android. Must be a permissions issue on the android. I will create a ticket because I dont want every one updating our data.

Paul Barker
    Answers Provided

What version of the app are you running ? if you go to settings,about what does it say?

+ Reply to Thread