+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help With GIS ASAP

Son Bui
    Answers Provided

Exclamation Help With GIS ASAP

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to this forum and also a new user to GIS

My problem is:
    So i have this data, in latitude and longitude. So i used tool > add XY data > and this give me shape file in points. how ever they are lump together i'm not sure why and i also have a layer, its a california layer. So i want these lat & long points to display on california layer. But they are not projected correctly. The points doesnt show up on their designated locations, instead they just lump together on a single spot that is way off. I did try to set the lat & long data to the projection of the California layer.

Mary Miller
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Help With GIS ASAP

Hi,
    I am also new to GIS and this forum and had this happened to me too. I didn't know what was wrong with it but I had to start from scratch. You might try to create a new MXD and move what you have created to it. That also worked at another time for me. I hope my limited knowledge helps.
    Happy mapping,
    Mary

Tamara Yoder
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Help With GIS ASAP

Hello,

I'm sorry, but we can't really assist you with this issue. This forum is for the Community Maps Program and specific comments, questions, and suggestions related to that program. Map projection issues are more of a geoprocessing and cartography sort-of problem. This post may be more suited to the Geoprocessing Form (http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/31-Geoprocessing) and/or the Cartography Forum (http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/41-Cartography). If you try posting it in one of those forums, they should be able to give you some more information.

Again, I'm sorry we couldn't be of more assistance.

Thank you,
    Tamara Yoder

Tamara Yoder, Geospatial Analyst
    Esri, 380 New York Street, Redlands, CA 92373, USA
    T 909-793-2853, ext. 5028, tyoder@esri.com, esri.com
    Last edited by tyoder; 04-17-2012 at 08:31 AM.

4. 05-18-2012 05:40 AM

+ Reply to Thread