+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raster with good spatial resolution to kml and then put it in google

Diego Llamas
    Answers Provided

Default Raster with good spatial resolution to kml and then put it in google

Hi

I have an aerial photo with a really good spatial resolution. I'm trying to select a specific place in this photo, then this photo convert to KML so I can use it in Google. The segment that I cut is in a small scale and then convert this segment to kml, but when I zoom this segment in Google it has not the same quality, the resolution is bad. Is it possible that when I cut a segment in a small scale, when I zoom this segment in a larger scale the quality of the Photo persist? Or I have to do a cache of this segment and make a service in ArcGIS Server?
    Hope anyone can help me

Regards,

Diego
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	12740cut the segment and convert this to KML

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	12741zoom to the area

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	127421:2000,

Santiago Trujillo
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Raster with good spatial resolution to kml and then put it in google

Hi Diego,

I don't know if you've figured it out by now but I had the same problem. Making the resolution better doesn't have much to do with the scale but more with the image size and the dpi you choose. I also had a georeferenced aerial photo and what I did was play with the image size and dpi. A good DPI is 300 or more (i chose 600) and for my image size I chose 12000 and the default value was 1024 so try to play with those values.

Hope it works, I see it's been a long time since you asked this question.

Sincerely

Santiago

+ Reply to Thread