+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data Clock Problems

Alicia Landi
    Answers Provided

Default Data Clock Problems

I cannot seem to get the data clock chart feature to work. It just outputs a a gray chart with no data in it. There are thousands of detections in my tracking layer, the date field is formatted correctly, and since there are so few options for making the chart, I can't see where I am going wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Robinson

Answers Provided

Default Re: Data Clock Problems

Quote Originally Posted by alicial View Post
    I cannot seem to get the data clock chart feature to work. It just outputs a a gray chart with no data in it. There are thousands of detections in my tracking layer, the date field is formatted correctly, and since there are so few options for making the chart, I can't see where I am going wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Alicia,

I've attached the data that is used in ArcTudor for Tracking Analyst. Try using this data to see if you can create the data clock. Basically pointing towards an isssue with either your system or your data.

Regards,
    Jason R.
    Attached Files

Alicia Landi
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Data Clock Problems

I figured out the issue: my date field was formatted correctly as far as the date was concerned, but it was a String field. When I used the Convert Time Field tool to convert it to a Date field, and based the data clock on the new date field, it worked. There should be documentation somewhere that says the Data Clock requires a Date type field, it had seemed like as long as the date was formatted correctly (i.e., YYYYMMDDhhmmss) it should have worked, even if it was a Numeric or String type field.

+ Reply to Thread