+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Labelling Grid Outside of a Grid

Mike MacRae
    Answers Provided

Default Labelling Grid Outside of a Grid

Hey folks,

I have a grid system in the attached picture. These are parcels of land. The whole system is divided evenly and consistently thought the whole grid. The screen shot I have taken is the upper right corner. After every 4 parcels across the top and every 8 parcels along the sides, you will see a gap. This gap is a Road Allowance right-of-way. Only the parcels are features. The road allowance is empty space (i.e. it is not a feature) I want to label this road allowance somehow. I'm wondering if this is possible? I thought about adding a feature to the attribute table and tracing the road allowance, but that isn't allowed. I also want vertical road allowances to have a vertical label and horizontal road allowances to have a horizontal label. if anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear it.

thanks,
    Mike

Attachment 12975

Matt Payne
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Labelling Grid Outside of a Grid

Hi Mike,

I am curious as to what you mean when you say that creating features as the roads in the grid layer is 'not allowed'. I basically just used test data on my end and completed the exact workflow you mentioned and have the desired output. Could you elaborate more on why it is 'not allowed'?

Thanks,

Matt P.

+ Reply to Thread