+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArcGIS overlays on MKMapView?

Ryan Linn
    Answers Provided

Default ArcGIS overlays on MKMapView?

Hi! I'm wondering if there's a way to get ArcGIS maps and use them as overlays on a MKMapView, rather than using the ArcGIS SDK. I want to use the ESRI USGS topo maps in an app, but I prefer to use the mkmapview that comes built into XCode. I've found a way to do this with OpenCycleMap's topo maps, but I really like the ESRI maps as well. It might be that all I would need is the address of a map server so I could figure out which map tiles to download for a given area, but if anyone has tried this already I'd be interested to hear how it's done.

Thanks!

Luke Philips
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcGIS overlays on MKMapView?

I would say it's possible, I have other ESRI feature services overlayed on MapKit, it takes a lot of code to build your own interface between the two. For some inspiration you could see what they did in the javascript examples
    http://help.arcgis.com/EN/webapi/jav...aps/index.html

Ryan Linn
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcGIS overlays on MKMapView?

Thanks Luke. That looks like a good start. It may take me a while to sift through the code there, but it's better than anything I've found yet

If anyone else happens to find anything, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'll take a look through all that java!

+ Reply to Thread