+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Editable layers from maps in ArcGIS online are not editable on smartphone map

Karen Pinkerton
    Answers Provided

Default Editable layers from maps in ArcGIS online are not editable on smartphone map

I have been developing maps for a council in order to download them onto multiple smartphones/tablets for data collection in the field.

However, after creating editable maps in ArcGIS online the editable layers still cannot collect data on the smartphones. The Collect Tool is not even visible from the Tools menu. I know this is possible though, as when accessing other pre-defined maps e.g. Citizen reports from Mobile Training this is option is available.

Could someone please outline the steps to creating an editable layer for field collection? I feel I am I missing a vital step in the map creation.

Russ Roberts

Answers Provided

Default Re: Editable layers from maps in ArcGIS online are not editable on smartphone map

What type of layer are you using within your webmaps? The apps on Android, WP7 and iOS currently only support the use of feature services for data collection and editing existying.

Cheers
    Russ

Karen Pinkerton
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Editable layers from maps in ArcGIS online are not editable on smartphone map

I have used all types of layers including feature services. When doing so, the issue that I come up against is that our server is currently private and we do not wish to publish it openly. Is there a way to use ArcGIS online with a private server so that only our organisation can see the data?

Russ Roberts

Answers Provided

Have you tried using a vpn application like Juno Pulse to access these services outside your internal network?

Cheers
    Russ

+ Reply to Thread