+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie here. How to share data and sync back changes

Brian Ingalls
    Answers Provided

Question Newbie here. How to share data and sync back changes

I need to know the best way to share our water mapping with an outside engineering firm who is contracted to build a water model for us. Our GIS is very new and recently converted from older Autocad mapping. None of the line-work has pipe size, material, or other attributes yet (just blank fields) and the company building our model will be adding that as they go. What is the best way to share our GIS with them so that the attribute information they add can be synced back into our GIS afterward? Should I just create and send them a shp file? Is this where replica database stuff comes into play? I may be making edits and cleaning up the errors from the conversion from our old autocad mapping at the same time they are doing their thing. I'm completely new to ESRI's way of thinking but I know there is a way to share data and have changes synced back, but I don't know where to look. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

Michael Miller

Answers Provided

Default Re: Newbie here. How to share data and sync back changes

Have you review this help doc? It may answer some of your questions. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions. There is a section for Contractors.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserv...0000161p000000
    Michael Miller
    Solutions Manager
    mmiller@esri.com

+ Reply to Thread