+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installing ArcGIS Explorer Desktop in Windows 7

Susanne Kynast
    Answers Provided

Unhappy Installing ArcGIS Explorer Desktop in Windows 7

Got a brand new Windows 7 64 bit machine for my mapping. Wanted to download ArcGIS Explorer Desktop but it requires downloading of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. Went to the Microsoft website and it turns out that that does not download on anything higher than Windows XP. Framework 4 does, but does not have the components of 3.5. Sooooo since ArcGIS Explorer desktop supposedly works in Windows 7 64 bit, how exactly do I make it install????

Gregory Ross
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Installing ArcGIS Explorer Desktop in Windows 7

Windows 7 includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component, including SP1 if I remember correctly.

You can try the verification tool found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

I believe that the ArcGIS Explorer Desktop installer will let you know if you don't meet the minimum requirements. With Windows 7, you should be fine to install it.
    Gregory Ross

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino

Susanne Kynast
    Answers Provided

Smile Re: Installing ArcGIS Explorer Desktop in Windows 7

It worked!!!! Awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

+ Reply to Thread