+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ReferenceLink does not change after an update!

Christin Hufmüller
    Answers Provided

Default ReferenceLink does not change after an update!

Hi,
    I have a problem with node-on-links!
    I build a railroad network in schematics. The rail can have a signal as node-on-link. The field REFERENCELINK in the node-on-link, in which must stand the SchematicID from the rail, is taken out from a field called “SchematicGleisID” also in the node-on-link. The generation of the schematic works great and the REFERENCELINK has the same SchematicID as well as the field “SchematicGleisID”. But when I change the SchematicID in the field “SchematicGleisID” and I update my schematic, the REFERENCELINK does not change its ID!!! What can I do so that the REFERENCELINK will change after an update?

Thanks for any help!
    Christin

Rick Anderson
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ReferenceLink does not change after an update!

This is sort of hard to follow without seeing it.

Typically, a NodeOnLink schematic feature class runs a query to some table to get the records that will become NOL objects.
    There is a mandatory parameter for a schematic NOL feature class called ReferenceLink. That is usually based on an attribute of type 'Field' which is pointing to one of the fields returned from the original query.

It sounds like in your case the initial query hits a table, and in that table there is a field called “SchematicGleisID”. Then the ReferenceLink is pointing to that field (which is coming from the queried table).

Is this your structure or do you also have a schematic attribute created on this NOL schematic feature class that is also pointing to “SchematicGleisID”?

You said that you change the value of “SchematicGleisID” and update, but it doesn't change the referencelink. Where are you changing this data? Is it in the schematic feature or in the original table that was queried? An update causes the queries to re-run and pull back what was in the original table. So depending on your attribute configuration and where you are changing the data, you could see a different result.

+ Reply to Thread