+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Display Labels in ArcGIS.com webmap ?

Answers Provided

Default Display Labels in ArcGIS.com webmap ?

To forum and ESRI moderators,

I have a question regarding arcgis.com for which I cannot find an answer in the help or other forums of the website.

Is there a method to display labels in my webmap, outside of having to click on a single item to receive a pop up. I would like to have names displayed for a set of point data imported to my webmap from arcgis 10. Is there a way to display labels from a single field as in arcmap 10?

How do i prepare a file to do so? Or do i export a separate raster text file to display on arcgis.com? How would i do this?

Thank you for your help.

Mike Minami

Answers Provided

Default Re: Display Labels in ArcGIS.com webmap ?

If a layer is based on a map service hosted by ArcGIS Server, then the labels will appear. If you only have a few labels, you could use ArcGIS Explorer Online to add text to a map notes layer. Unfortunately, adding text map notes is not currently available in the Arcgis.com map viewer.

Thanks,

Mike

3. 04-12-2012 09:28 PM

Andras Bogdanovits
    Answers Provided

We are thinking to subscribe for an ArcGIS Online organizational account but our mapping doesn't require a server license. Will be able to label features?
    Thanks,

Andras

Mike Minami

Answers Provided

An organizational subscription will allow you to publish a tiled map service, which is a set of tiled images of your data at set scales. When you author the map in ArcMap, you can turn on labels. These labels will also appear in the tiles that get generated and will be effectively burned into the images.

Thanks,

Mike

+ Reply to Thread