+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble publishing WFS to external users

Donald Brown
    Answers Provided

Default Trouble publishing WFS to external users

I have ArcGIS Server 10 SP3 Java installed on a Windows VM.

The only way I can get a WFS Service available to the internet is by using external capabilities files that I have manually generated and have also manually changed all the internal machine references to external. The problem is that every time the underlying data changes, the capabilities files need to be changed(manually).

My question is this:
    Is there anyway for ArcGIS Server to automatically populate the default WFS capabilities file with my external URL???

Donald Brown
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Trouble publishing WFS to external users

I'm guessing that since WFS is open source, ESRI does not concentrate their efforts incorporating it into their software.

I'm also having trouble zooming in and out of datasets(features show up initially at full extent, then disappear when I zoom in) when I read them on-the-fly (using 'objectid' as the 'Numeric Identifier Attribute' in the Parameters).

Donald Brown
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Trouble publishing WFS to external users

Figured out why data was not showing up when zooming. There are problems using WFS version 1.1.0 with the Data Interoperability tool. If you force it to use version 1.0.0 it works fine. When you paste in your WFS URL, just append "&version=1.0.0" to the end of it.

It's still a pain to manually create/maintain external capabilities files for my WFS Services. Anyone know how to have ArcGIS Server automatically populate the URL's with my external server name?

+ Reply to Thread