+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overlay Frac Stages in ESRI

Richard Davidson
    Answers Provided

Default Overlay Frac Stages in ESRI

I am trying to find a way to overlay my frac stages onto my wells. I have a beginning and an ending mesaured depth for each stage. I don't have any coordinate information with the stages just a table with Stage number and beginning and ending measured depths for each stage. I am able to add in my well as drilled surveys ok and map them fine. I pull that data from Geographix. So I can see the as drilled wells on my map but I am trying to figure out if there is a way to reference my stage data to those wells to it will overlay? So the display I am looking for is a well line with dashes on top of it showing the stages. I know how to do this manually in geographix by turning on depth postings and digitizing the stages one at a time but I have a lot of wells and a lot of stages. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Rich

Carol Sutterer
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Overlay Frac Stages in ESRI

This is a good presentation for you to use to set up frac intervals - http://www.esri.com/industries/petro...eferencing.pdf
    Carol Sutterer

Richard Davidson
    Answers Provided

Thank you Carol that was a big help. I didn't follow it exactly but it was a great starting point for me. I was able to get the results I wanted.

Thanks
    Rich

Answers Provided

Send me to address please retefa@phasesnettalk.com

+ Reply to Thread