+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to capture Zoom event

jubin jose
    Answers Provided

Default How to capture Zoom event

I have a esri map with a basic ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer and a graphics layer.
    I want to change the size of picturesymbols in my graphics layer based on zoom level.

So how do i go about capturing the Zoom event of the map either by using mouse or the navigation control ?

Do i just handle ExtentChanged on the map and check if scale is different than previous value? Is it even the right approach?
    Or is there a better way

I searched for quite some time, but all examples I see are Web or Flex or SilverLight and the events / methods mentioned therein are not exactly applicable to me since I am on strictly a WPF app.

Hence asking. Appreciate your help.

Avner Kashtan
    Answers Provided

Default Re: How to capture Zoom event

Quote Originally Posted by jubinjose View Post
    I have a esri map with a basic ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer and a graphics layer.
    I want to change the size of picturesymbols in my graphics layer based on zoom level.

So how do i go about capturing the Zoom event of the map either by using mouse or the navigation control ?

Do i just handle ExtentChanged on the map and check if scale is different than previous value? Is it even the right approach?
    Or is there a better way

I searched for quite some time, but all examples I see are Web or Flex or SilverLight and the events / methods mentioned therein are not exactly applicable to me since I am on strictly a WPF app.

Hence asking. Appreciate your help.
    I don't know what the official way is, but that's what I did when I wanted to implement an undo mechanism for zoom/pan. I caught the ExtentChanged event and stored the Extendenvelope for each change. I think that's the best way to do what you're trying to do.

+ Reply to Thread