+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS compatibility with version 10?

Tom colson
    Answers Provided

Default ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS compatibility with version 10?

Will ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, and HEC-GeoRAS be recompiled to work with version 10? I don't see any betas on the FTP site. Wonder if ESRI can answer this? I see not one copy of 10 being sold if none of the hydro tools will work with it.

Troy Spjute
    Answers Provided

Question Re: ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS compatibility with version 10?

Our office is also waiting for information on this. We are excited about some of the new features in ArcGIS 10, however we cannot upgrade unless these tools are available. It would be good to know at least a general time frame so that we can plan accordingly.

Khaled Hussein
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS compatibility with version 10?

I'm having the same problem, I did install ArcGIS 10, but couldn't get any of the above tools to work, please help if you know a work around
    Khaled

Troy Spjute
    Answers Provided

Talking Re: ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-GeoRAS compatibility with version 10?

ArcHydro is now available, see the last post here: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/827...o-in-ArcGIS-10

Hopefully this means that the other software will be available soon as well.

Jeff Tang
    Answers Provided

Since HEC-GeoHMS and HEC-GeoRAS are products from the US Army Corp of Engineers, it's unlikely there'll be updates anytime soon.

Mark Boucher
    Answers Provided

I looked on the ESRI ftp folder and did not see folder for GeoHMS for v10.

This folder is where I go for the latest version when things are in flux. The versions on the ftp site can be updated many times a day so I have to be careful not to rely on them to much. However, the fact that there is no v10 folder tells me there may not be a reliable version out yet. I'd bet that the ESRI HEC-H&H team are working on it.

I did find a "readme.doc" file on the ftp site dated 01/21/2011. This is likely an internal memo that would mean nothing to those of us outside. It is titled "New installation procedures for water resources applications developed by ESRI’s Professional Services". It mentions ArcGIS 10.

Somethings brewing...

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Nothing is brewing!

Best information is that the HEC has no immediate plans or requirement to support an ArcGIS 10 based preprocessor for HEC-RAS or HEC-HMS! If you work with these tools in H&H Engineering you should plan to remain on an ArcGIS 9.3.1 platform! The HEC-GeoRAS and HEC-GeoHMS preprocessors are being maintained and refined for that environment.

ESRI continues to develop ArcHydro against ArcGIS 10 as the extension stands alone as a useful geospatial and hydrologic modeling tool. The date stamped "readme" document is a running history of development within the collaborative project hosted for public use by ESRI's Professional Services folks.

Stuart
    Last edited by vsfoote; 02-11-2011 at 07:52 AM.

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

Greg Grabner
    Answers Provided

Good info to know.

Troy Spjute
    Answers Provided

I just noticed that there is a new announcement on the HEC-GeoRAS download page: http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/softwa...downloads.html

It indicates that they are working on a version for ArcGIS 10 that should be available this summer. Does anyone know if they will be putting builds up on the ESRI ftp site somewhere? I have not seen a new build of GeoRAS since January.

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Beta development versions of Geo-HMS, Geo-RAS for ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 are available on the ESRI ftp site along with ArcHydro ver 2.0 Final for ArcGIS Desktop 10.0, and new ArcHydro 2.1 development version.

ftp.esri.com
    login: RiverHydraulics
    password: river.1114

ftp://RiverHydraulics:river%2E1114@ftp.esri.com

Please read the provided release notes, the ftp site Readmeddmmyyyy.doc file, and also check in at the USACE HEC web site for official project announcements.

Stuart
    Last edited by vsfoote; 10-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

+ Reply to Thread