+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install ARCGIS 10 in Windows 7 64 bits (PROBLEM)

Jose Serna
    Answers Provided

Default Install ARCGIS 10 in Windows 7 64 bits (PROBLEM)

Hi all, I am trying to install ArcGis 10 on a computer with windows 7 64bits that is installed NET framework 4.0 by default.
    It seems that I need to install ArcGis10 the Microsoft. NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.
    The problem is that when I go to install 3.5sp1, instalation fails. I can't install this 3.5 sp1 in any way. Does anyone know how to solve this?
    Thanks in advance.
    JM.

V Stuart Foote

Answers Provided

Default Re: Install ARCGIS 10 in Windows 7 64 bits (PROBLEM)

Jose,

Are you receiving an error, or just believe that you need to install .NET 3.5 SP1?

.NET 3.5 SP1 is built in to Windows 7, but it may need to be activated (run appwiz.cpl, or OptionalFeatures.exe directly as Administrator, see attached screen capture--the blue box indicates that needed parts of the .NET 3.5 SP1 are active, does not need to show the checkmark).

But if you have a functional .NET 4.0, the .NET 3.5 SP1 feature is probably already present and active. There are also tools to test that the .NET framework is fully functional, available from Aaron Stebner's msdn blog here.

If still stuck, let us know additional details of your installation and we may be able to help.

Stuart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	OptionalFeatures.PNG‎
Views:	158
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	13697  
    Last edited by vsfoote; 04-20-2012 at 05:38 AM.

If a post is helpful, or answers your question, or simply annoys you because it is WRONG please use the voting tools on the right side to help identify quality content on the Forum.

Systems Analyst - Geological Sciences
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Classroom & Research support
    Adobe, AutoDesk, ESRI, ERDAS, ESI, Exelis Visual, IHS, Mathworks, Oracle, SAS Inst, Schlumberger, Seismic Micro-Technology, Trimble, Wolfram

+ Reply to Thread