+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Convert output of an ASP.NET SOAP Web Service to a Layer or Graphics

Ernie Salazar
    Answers Provided

Default Convert output of an ASP.NET SOAP Web Service to a Layer or Graphics

Hi everyone.

I am building my first SL app for ArcGIS Server (version 10). Without going into too much detail, the SL app will sit in a Web App that is using alot of ajax and java to query from a SQL Server database. So I would like to have the SL app, running a esri:Map object, create a layer of points based on the query result set of the Web App.

The web app is using the MS Ajax's AutoCompleteExtender which relies on a internal Web Service (ASMX File) to return the location id, X, and Y coordinates. Since it is an ASMX file it will be SOAP and I was hoping to use this same service to map the data in SL.

I exposed the Web Service to the SL App under Service References and can now create a call to retrieve the data which is returned as an array of strings.

My question is, how can I map that array to the SL App? I essentially need to create a Event XY layer but have not really been able to find any information on how to do that. Is that even possible with SL or am I better off creating a bunch of graphics?

Thanks
    Ernie

wang zhifang
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Convert output of an ASP.NET SOAP Web Service to a Layer or Graphics

You can leverage WPF API's Geometry on server side which is same as SL API's Geometry.
    Hope this will be helpful.
    http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/20...ver-using-wcf/
    welcome to my photoblog: http://newnaw.com

+ Reply to Thread