+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web ADF 10 and Windows 7: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF

Jose Sanchez
    Answers Provided

Default Web ADF 10 and Windows 7: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF

Hi all

I am getting the following error message:

Code:
    <add assembly="ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86"/> 
    Line 49:                                <!--Begin Remove for 64-bit native deployment--> 
    Line 50:                                <add assembly="ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Web.DataSources.ArcGISServer.Local, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86"/> 
    Line 51:                                <add assembly="ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ArcGISServer.Editor, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86"/> 
    Line 52:                                <add assembly="ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86"/> 

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Web Mapping Application2\web.config    Line: 50 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Web.DataSources.ArcGISServer.Local, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86' could not be loaded. 

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. 
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. 
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. 
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Richard Watson

Answers Provided

Default Re: Web ADF 10 and Windows 7: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF

It is simply telling you that it cannot find the assembly ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Web.DataSources.ArcGISServer.Local.

I do not have the Web ADF 10 installed but my guess is that you did not install all the correct pieces or you need to reinstall:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/s...00000v1000000/

Jose Sanchez
    Answers Provided

Question Re: Web ADF 10 and Windows 7: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF

ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Web.DataSources.ArcGISServer.Local was already added to the list.

I only get this error message when I run the application as a Local IIS application, when I open it as a File System it works fine.

This is a test I am doing creating an application using the Web ADF Template for 10. So when you use it it should have all the libraries needed to run

Jose Sanchez
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Web ADF 10 and Windows 7: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF

Found that:

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=1697&t=272831

and changed the Web Application Pool to ArcGISApplicationsAppPool and it works now!!
    Last edited by jsn; 04-30-2012 at 05:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread