+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DDP and layer coordinate system

Elizabeth Karcheski
    Answers Provided

Default DDP and layer coordinate system

I have been using Arcview 10.0 to develope multiple map layouts (data driven pages) for the last year. I have had no problems until this week. Suddenly, whenever I refresh my DDP, it changes my layer coordinate system to a system that is not used in my map, is not referenced anywhere, and has never been a part of my map. It also causes my map to loose all it's data since the new system is nowhere close to the original. I started all over, using data with the same coordinate system and it still happens. If I change the layer system back to the correct one, my data returns and all is pretty, but I can't move from page to page. If I refresh, it happens all over again! Please help me figure out what is happening!

Jeffrey Barrette

Answers Provided

Default Re: DDP and layer coordinate system

What are the original coordinate systems (CS) of your data frames and layers? What is the CS that everything is being changed to? Is it changing the layer CS or the data frame CS?

This may be a very isolated case. It would be best to submit an incident with Tech Support so we can address this ASAP.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Elizabeth Karcheski
    Answers Provided

It is changing the data frame CS. The original CS is a project based system provided by our surveyors (PMRail GRS80). In essence, it's WGS 84, but corrected for our project area which runs approximately 35 miles long. The new CS it changes it to is RT90_25_gon_W. I have only added layers with the project CS, or WGS 84. I have never seen the new CS, have no layers associated with it, and am completely baffled as to where it came from. It changes the CS when I refresh DDP, or try to scroll pages. Seems to only be affected by DDP, but again, I have had no problem with it until now and if I open older maps with DDP (for this same project area), it happens on those now too.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeffrey Barrette

Answers Provided

One more question:

Are you seeing this in the user interface (via the toolbar) or are you using arcpy.mapping? Could you send me a map package (mpk) of your project to jbarrette@esri.com.

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread