+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArcGIS 10.1 with the Flex 3.0 PreRelease - Print Widget Causing Memory Issues

Andrew Timmins
    Answers Provided

Default ArcGIS 10.1 with the Flex 3.0 PreRelease - Print Widget Causing Memory Issues

I have been playing around with the new Print Widget and AGS 10.1 today and am having issues with the new Printing functionality.
    I am running it on a Dev Box that meets the system requirements but it seems to be killing the CPU when execting a print task.

I can see a javaw.exe file using 99% of the CUP when i look in the task manager and I assume this has something to do with the print task.
    As soon as the print task fails the CPU drops back down to a normal state.

I am alsmost sure the issue is my map service. I have a cached Topo map service with 150 layers inside the .sd file. This is most likly the issue but I assume other have similar map services for Topo services.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the large map services and the new printing functionality in 10.1 ?

Drew

Rosa Escamilla
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcGIS 10.1 with the Flex 3.0 PreRelease - Print Widget Causing Memory Issues

Quote Originally Posted by cgishack View Post
    I have been playing around with the new Print Widget and AGS 10.1 today and am having issues with the new Printing functionality.
    I am running it on a Dev Box that meets the system requirements but it seems to be killing the CPU when execting a print task.

I can see a javaw.exe file using 99% of the CPU when i look in the task manager and I assume this has something to do with the print task.
    As soon as the print task fails the CPU drops back down to a normal state.

I am alsmost sure the issue is my map service. I have a cached Topo map service with 150 layers inside the .sd file. This is most likly the issue but I assume other have similar map services for Topo services.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the large map services and the new printing functionality in 10.1 ?

Drew
    I am working with ArcGIS Servver 10.1, but it seems to be killing the CPU when after some time the process javaw, cmd and conhost using 99% of the CPU when i look in the task manager.

I am almost sure the issue is my map service. I have a cached Topo map service with 30 layers inside the .sd file and and I assume this has something.

As soon as the server restart the CPU drops back down to a normal state.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the large map services ?

Rosa Escamilla
    Last edited by escamil13; 05-15-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Andrew Timmins
    Answers Provided

Default Re: ArcGIS 10.1 with the Flex 3.0 PreRelease - Print Widget Causing Memory Issues

Nice to hear someone else is experiencing a similar problem.
    I have bee digging into this for a few days now and noticed the javaw.exe crashes once it memory hits 270 MB in size.

I have tried to increase the memory of javaw.exe using the below command line, but this did not work.
    javaw.exe –Xms256m –Xmx1024m

I am at a loss of what to do right now so I have opened a ticket with ESRI, but I think its going to be a while until it's solved.

Drew

Rosa Escamilla
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by cgishack View Post
    Nice to hear someone else is experiencing a similar problem.
    I have bee digging into this for a few days now and noticed the javaw.exe crashes once it memory hits 270 MB in size.

I have tried to increase the memory of javaw.exe using the below command line, but this did not work.
    javaw.exe –Xms256m –Xmx1024m

I am at a loss of what to do right now so I have opened a ticket with ESRI, but I think its going to be a while until it's solved.

Drew
    i have the virtual machine, i tried to increase memory ram and number of cores, But this did not work. the number of javaw processes will increase to consume all the RAM

Tanu Hoque
    Answers Provided

you should not see this issue with the Final release.

Andrew Timmins
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by mahoque View Post
    you should not see this issue with the Final release.
    Thanks for the reply Tanu and letting us know.

+ Reply to Thread