+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could the raster field of a feature class accessed by Python?

Andy gao
    Answers Provided

Question Could the raster field of a feature class accessed by Python?

Hi there,

I have a feature class of a personal GDB that has a raster field. The rasters are the photos of all the features and the rasters are managed by the GDB.

I noticed that the rasters are stored in the .idb folder togeter with the .mdb file. They are named like: 1.img, 2.img etc., the number is exactly the OBJECTID of the feature that it belongs to.

A table called GDB_RasterColumns in the mdb stores the subfolder info of the .idb folder.

By python , I can export all the photo form a GDB, name them by some porperties of the feature class.

But my question is, can I import a bunch of photos to a feature class base on its properties? I need to modify the raster field by python, but it looks untouchable when hadling with setValue() of the UpdateCursor.

Any help is appreciated.

Andy gao
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Could the raster field of a feature class accessed by Python?

really!
    no one?

Derek Eamer
    Answers Provided

Exclamation Re: Could the raster field of a feature class accessed by Python?

I am also very interested in how this can be done!

btw, thanks Gaoang for posting the question in the first place. Reading your post actually showed me how to mass export raster fields in python and rename them

hopefully someone will find a solution for mass importing raster fields though...

+ Reply to Thread