+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A probably stupid question about installation

Fernando Vasconcellos
    Answers Provided

Default A probably stupid question about installation

Hi all. I need a very simple information.

I read in a thread:

"If you choose to install it [the ArcHYDRO], you only need to run ArcHydroTools.msi after installing ArcGIS10 (from the ArcHydro/setup10/2.0.0.34 or similar version directory). ApFramework will be installed as well."

So, I went today to the most recent version I found there, the "ftp://ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/Setup10/2.1.0.54", downloaded ArcHydroTools.msi and run it. The installation was apparently OK, no error messages. But then I started my ArcGIS 10, clicking in the ArcMap icon, as usual, and nothing has changed! I CAN'T FIND WHERE THE ARCHYDRO TOOLS ARE, NOR EVEN USING THE EXPLORER, LOOKING INTO THE ESRI OR OTHER FOLDERS IN MY COMPUTER. Did I do something wrong? How can I be sure it's really installed in my computer and how can I find the ArcHYDRO tools if they have been installed?

I think the answer is probably something obvious, but I'm not good in installing things and I'd appreciate if anyone could help me. Thanks!

Fernando Vasconcellos
    Answers Provided

This post is marked as the answer

Default Re: A probably stupid question about installation

It is there, I found it! (Under Customise/Tollbars, obvious!)
    I answered myself, but thanks anyway to anyone who has read this just to help a beginner!

+ Reply to Thread