+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Model builder not able to create output folder using workspace environment value.

Virginia Emly
    Answers Provided

Thumbs down Model builder not able to create output folder using workspace environment value.

When I am creating a workspace variable with parameter it works great when I accept the default output feature class name but if I have determined my own output feature class name than the current workspace environment is not changing...

I've tried to do this through a workspace variable and via the properties tool in ArcCatalog and the same thing happens... I'm doing a lot of analysis and I need to repeat the tools by different areas and the only thing I can not get the model to do is reset the output variable..

(ie input is z clipped by a (determined with a parameter) with an output of z_clipped.shp ) I need to be able to put z_clipped.shp into output folder a (then folder b) then folder c).

Shitij Mehta

Answers Provided

Default Re: Model builder not able to create output folder using workspace environment value.

Please can you share your model or a snap shot to suggest a solution. From what I understand you want to create the output each time you run the tool in a new folder. Is this correct? Are you using ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1?

+ Reply to Thread