+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10049 "WinSock: Invalid address"

Answers Provided

Default FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10049 "WinSock: Invalid address"

Hi,

I am having ArcGIS desktop 9.3 version in windows XP operating system. The license was working fine without any issues. But recently I am getting an error message "FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10049 "WinSock: Invalid address", and having problem opening ArcGIS. I tried everything possible, stop/start/re-read etc. But it is not working. When whenever I try to start the server after stopping, I am hearing a warning sound typical in windows. When I perform the server diagnostics in FLEXLM, I am seeing error message such as "Cannot connect to license server", ... I will try to determine what the problem is..."telnet" port (23) on node XXXX does not respond"

I would appreciate a solution to this.

Thanks a bunch.

Balaji

Paul Strydom
    Answers Provided

Default Re: FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10049 "WinSock: Invalid address"

Dear Balaji,

My name is Paul Strydom from South Africa. I am getting the same error message with my ArcGIS 9.3 installation. I have tried all the work arounds (editing the windows XP registry, editing the license file with my machine name and IP address, unistalling and reinstalling the license Manager and ArcGIS). This is something that ESRI should attend to.

Regards,

Paul

Kate Evasic
    Answers Provided

Default Re: FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10049 "WinSock: Invalid address"

Hello-

I just started receiving that exact same error. Was anyone able to resolve it? I've had 9.3 installed and running for a few years now and have not made any changes to the license file or its location.

Thanks-
    Kate

Gareth Baker
    Answers Provided

Same thing from me. Our 9.3.1 licence manager running on Windows 2000 Server just kicked out some users and refuses to play ball. Have rebooted the server, tried the stop/start/reread options.

+ Reply to Thread