+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Export features from ArcGIS Online?

matt wilkie
    Answers Provided

Default Export features from ArcGIS Online?

There are number of sites talking about how to add a georss feed *to* an ArcGIS Online map (here for one), but I haven't located anything about *exporting* a georss feed, or geojson or even CSV for that matter. Is this possible? how?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the basemaps, but the feature layers.

We have an Arcgis Online map of bear incidents in and around municipalities and need to expose them in map as well tabular form. We're using Arcgis Online to record the points, because it works in a browser from anywhere, but once there they seem to be imprisoned. How do we get the data out?
    -- matt

Help build a vendor neutral GIS specific Q&A site for cartographers, database administrators, geographers, programmers, and anyone interested in or using GIS professionally.

Mike Minami

Answers Provided

This post is marked as the answer

Default Re: Export features from ArcGIS Online?

There is no out-of-the-box way to get the features out of the map if they are stored in the map. If you have a subscription and have created a feature service, you currently can export the data. This is done from the item details page of the feature service.

Thanks,

Mike

matt wilkie
    Answers Provided

Thank you Mike.

We are currently participating in the Arcgis for Organizations trial, and based on your hints I've now found the places to create and export Feature Services. (For those that follow, the export options are CSV and shapefile.)

I guess that as we created this account and site before the trial started we're stuck with web maps and imprisoned data for this project. :-/

((Cross-post thread: http://gis.stackexchange.com/questio...ss-or-geojson/))
    Last edited by maphew; 07-12-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: add cross-post link
    -- matt

Help build a vendor neutral GIS specific Q&A site for cartographers, database administrators, geographers, programmers, and anyone interested in or using GIS professionally.

4. 07-12-2012 11:41 AM

Reason
    repost

Maxim Silin
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by maphew View Post
    Thank you Mike.

We are currently participating in the Arcgis for Organizations trial, and based on your hints I've now found the places to create and export Feature Services. (For those that follow, the export options are CSV and shapefile.)

I guess that as we created this account and site before the trial started we're stuck with web maps and imprisoned data for this project. :-/

((Cross-post thread: http://gis.stackexchange.com/questio...ss-or-geojson/))
    To add to the above, only the Feature Service Owner or a user with Admin rights on the ArcGIS Online for Organizations site can export the data.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot005.jpg‎
Views:	205
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	16034  

matt wilkie
    Answers Provided

thanks Max
    -- matt

Sarah Schwarzer
    Answers Provided

Quote Originally Posted by msilin View Post
    To add to the above, only the Feature Service Owner or a user with Admin rights on the ArcGIS Online for Organizations site can export the data.
    Hi Max! Do you know if this is still the case? Is there documentation of this somewhere? I haven't seen anything in the help files about this.

Thanks,

Sarah

Maxim Silin
    Answers Provided

Thumbs up Re: Export features from ArcGIS Online?

Quote Originally Posted by saschwarzer1 View Post
    Do you know if this is still the case? Is there documentation of this somewhere?
    Hi Sarah,

While I couldn't find any formal documentation on this either, the aforementioned notion still holds true, i.e. only the Owner or Admin can export features from AGOL hosted feature service.

Thanks,
    Max

Mike Minami

Answers Provided

If you are the owner of a feature service (or org admin), you can visit the item details page of the feature service and notice an "Export Data" option on the page that you can enable. Then, anyone who can access the feature service can export it to shapefile or CSV, or use the Extract analysis tool to get a file geodatabase.

Thanks,

Mike

+ Reply to Thread