+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underlying database error: Class not registered: Failed to connect to database.

Jeniffer Velez
    Answers Provided

Default Underlying database error: Class not registered: Failed to connect to database.

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

I encountered an error message when importing an excel sheet into ArcMap as new data. The goal of the assignment is to Join the data with a shapefile.

My message is: Failed to connect to database. An underlying database error occurred. Class not registered."

I'm going through the forums and the ESRI resource center but nothing is doing it.

I am also making sure that I am going through the windows menu and desktop part of my Parallels Macbook, which not doing so was the cause of my earlier problem.

Any thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
    Jeniffer

Bobby Wiggins
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Underlying database error: Class not registered: Failed to connect to database.

I'm having the same problem.

Arc Map 10.1
    License: Basic
    SP1 for Desktop
    Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit operating system, 32GB RAM.

I've done this plenty of times over 5 years, but I recently was given a newer better computer. I'm getting the same error message when I try to add my Excel XY table to the map. If I add it as XY, or even if I simply do it as Add Data. I've called ESRI and the analyst said they would have to read up on the problem. No luck yet as of the next day. If they find the solution I will post it here.

Tags:
    Failed to connect to database. An underlying database error occurred. Class not registered.

Bobby Wiggins
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Underlying database error: Class not registered: Failed to connect to database.

Download this database extension from Microsoft.com , I did from advice in another thead post and now it works for me!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=23734

Arc Map 10.1
    License: Basic
    SP1 for Desktop
    Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit operating system, 32GB RAM

Failed to connect to database. An underlying database error occurred. Class not registered.

+ Reply to Thread